TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,275 travelers just like you!

witchey
Award: Happy Happy Happy

Website: www.sneshka.co.uk
Join Date: June 29, 2008
Contributions: witchey has written about 1 place, shared 82 photos, left 412 comments, and smiled 679 times.
Travel Plans
Alaska, USA
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
New Zealand
» see all 42 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Croatian (Bosnian/Serbian counts here too as I read cyrilic), German, some Italian, can get away with a few others, such as Czech, Bulgarian, Slovene, Polish, Slovakian (it takes a bit of jogging memory and placing the right words to the right language...understand better than speak) forgotten too much of my Norwegian, trying to learn Hebrew. There is more, lol...just addicted to languages!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Hiking and taking photos at sunset, Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Hiking in the winter at the Plitvice National Park, Croatia
Every drive up or down, or just staring at the view from the hotel terrace at Stalheimskleiva, Norway
Hike up (sometimes on all fours, muddy and smelly from insect repellent) Mount Kinabalu, Borneo
White water rafting on Clear Creek, Colorado
Flying in a seaplane (1st time) over Folgefonna Glacier, Hardanger, Norway
First sight of the Parthenon on the Acropolis and an entire day at the National Archaeological Museum in Athens
Falling in love in NYC...
Maryland crabs!
My first encounter with the Pacific on the gorgeous Oregon ccoast
Profile
"If you understand the language spoken here, I have found you for a reason, and I am part of your destiny. Or you are part of mine."

My dream is to see as much as I can in one lifetime.
New culture...people...adventure...it is my passion. Part of my DNA. And if it means giving up on my creature comforts, missing out on some important, but less exciting things...so be it.
I officially claim my identity of a whimp, but never really back off to a challenge...one day, I will hike up to Machu Picchu...explore Galapagos and Madagascar...'shoot' the 'big five' in Tanzania and fly over the Masai Mara...scuba dive in New Zealand.
I do hope I'll find someone mad enough to keep me company on the Trans-Siberian Railway...or sensible enough to keep an eye on me while exploring the Costa Rican rainforest...or let loose in Petra and joining a desert caravan in the Sahara Desert, before watching for clouded leopards in Sabah...or loooking out for mountain lions in Colorado and polar bears in Churchill...and so much more. Nuts? Of course I am!

I love to travel, but I also enjoy being a good hostess, therefore, if you are visiting nearby shores and if I am around at the time, it will be my pleasure to guide you and introduce you to the areas.

Being a true European (born in Germany, Croatian passport, British permanent resident, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Austrian, German and Italian ancestry), I have travelled Europe as international tour guide for several years.

If you need a tip, some help, feel free to ask.

Latest update:
As of recently, since the World Travel Market held in London this November, I am promoting the International Institute for Peace through Tourism.
For more info, visit www.iipt.org and soon, I will be tweeting about all the latest news!
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2017
voordax says:
Happy Birthday! Another year! Hope 2017 is starting out great for you and that you have some fun trips lined up for this year. Have a great birthday week! :)
Posted on: Feb 28, 2017
X_Drive says:
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are growing up really slowly. Enjoy your chocolate cake and laughter with as many friends as you can. Dream big and I hope all your wishes come true!! :D
Posted on: Feb 28, 2014

witchey's Travel Blogs

A windy day on Bournemouth beach...
May 15, 2009
Right...what does one do on a cloudy, cold, windy, wet day? Go to the beach, of course! LOL My housemate and I ventured to the…
Overview 0 words 20 13 34
The New Forest National Park
Jan 25, 2009 – Apr 13, 2009
This is really the reason why I have stayed in the South of England for so long...I love the New Forest. Here are a few photos …
Overview 0 words 28 9 34
Corfu, August 2008
Aug 14, 2008 – Aug 15, 2008
This was about visiting Rachel and getting away from the English weather. What I didn;t plan on, was Corfu turning into a Neapo…
Overview 0 words 6 0 10

witchey's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in New York, New York, USA
Well, Giannina said: "You must write a review about this place!". She was right; the Hudson Hote…
This review was featured on Tuesday September 7th, 2010