TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 699,195 travelers just like you!

vulindlela
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jeremy
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Website: my.flightmemory.com/bonaire
Join Date: June 10, 2007
Contributions: vulindlela has written about 221 places, shared 3,934 photos, left 197,363 comments, and smiled 644,078 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Travel Plans
Berlin, Germany
Mar 21, 2018 – Mar 25, 2018
A consideration for spring break, but of course, it is way too early to know for certain.
Salzburg, Austria
Human League concert
» see all 31 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Enough Spanish to get around. I also speak fluent airline!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Beirut, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Lisbon, Budapest, Moscow, Athens, and Rio have been a few of my favorite places so far.

Honeymoon in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles.

1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Jumping off a moving train outside of Brussels.
The train stopped at our stop but the door did not open and then the train started to pull out of the station. My friend hit an emergency door switch and the door opened.
Without hesitation, we jumped.

Trying to nonrev from SFO to Paris on Air France. The flight was full so they endorsed our tickets but we could not find another open flight to Europe. KLM, Finnair, and BA were all full.
Finally, Virgin accepted our ticket and told us to go wait at the gate for seats.
While waiting, I decided that I did not want to go now because all of our plans were for Paris. We had hotel reservations and our return ticket was Paris to Houston.
My friend was trying to talk me into going when the Agent called us up to the counter.
I was about to tell him to take me off the list when he told us that all they had left were Upper Class seats and I was sitting in 4K.
I just said "I am going!" I didn't care if we had to sleep in the streets and swim home, I was going!
It all ended up working out fine. We had a couple of days in London and then took the Eurostar to Paris.

Eating at a restaurant(Bree Street Cafe) in Johannesburg that, for whatever reason, did not have enough dishes. We had to wait until some people finished so they could wash the dishes and serve us. Then, when we went back to the room, someone had broken a key off in the lock and we could not get back in. We had to change rooms.
Profile
It's not about me, it's about you!
Would you believe that I love to travel?
I cannot travel everywhere and all of the time though, so I can live vicariously through your photos and blogs.
I enjoy reading and smiling at different photos and blogs on here.

I am married for 19 years and we have a 17 year old daughter. I LOVE to travel with them and get to often.
I will do a few solo trips throughout the year, when they are in the classroom.
I am always up for a travelbuddy to explore with on those trips.
They can be male or female, however, my name is not Tiger nor Jesse James, and I will not cheat on my wife.

I can go most places with little notice, so let me know!
I prefer to travel off peak season, because I dislike crowds, and I fly NRSA.

A mile of road will take you just a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere!
komiksdy says:
Thank you for the greetings sir!
Posted on: Feb 18, 2018
transcendatalist says:
Thanks!
Posted on: Feb 16, 2018
cimtech says:
Hey Jeremy, thank you for the congrats. Have a great weekend !
Posted on: Feb 15, 2018

vulindlela's Travel Blogs

Havana Nights
Jan 17, 2018 – Jan 19, 2018
Havana, Cuba -› -› …
A quick scouting trip to the capital of Cuba.
Overview 796 words 63 2 165
Oct 13, 2017 – Oct 17, 2017
A short trip to County Clare, with a hurricane thrown in for added excitement!
Overview 1,854 words 66 21 437
This blog was featured on Tuesday October 24th, 2017
Mar 22, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017
Spring break in Croatia, with a long layover in Frankfurt as well.
Overview 3,122 words 241 83 1,837
This blog was featured on Thursday April 6th, 2017

vulindlela's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Havana, Cuba
I kept hearing that Cuban food is just not that good. Normally, I do little research on restaur…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Eagan, Minnesota, USA
I had a chance to stay here on a recent work trip to Minneapolis. The hotel was very nice and…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Swords, Ireland
On our recent trip to Ireland, our return flight was from Dublin airport, so we needed a place c…
Updated 27 days ago