TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,143 travelers just like you!

vulindlela
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jeremy
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Website: my.flightmemory.com/bonaire
Join Date: June 10, 2007
Contributions: vulindlela has written about 211 places, shared 3,544 photos, left 188,989 comments, and smiled 627,686 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Travel Plans
Apr 12, 2017 – Apr 13, 2017
» see all 27 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Enough Spanish to get around. I also speak fluent airline!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Beirut, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Lisbon, Budapest, Moscow, Athens, and Rio have been a few of my favorite places so far.

Honeymoon in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles.

1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Jumping off a moving train outside of Brussels.
The train stopped at our stop but the door did not open and then the train started to pull out of the station. My friend hit an emergency door switch and the door opened.
Without hesitation, we jumped.

Trying to nonrev from SFO to Paris on Air France. The flight was full so they endorsed our tickets but we could not find another open flight to Europe. KLM, Finnair, and BA were all full.
Finally, Virgin accepted our ticket and told us to go wait at the gate for seats.
While waiting, I decided that I did not want to go now because all of our plans were for Paris. We had hotel reservations and our return ticket was Paris to Houston.
My friend was trying to talk me into going when the Agent called us up to the counter.
I was about to tell him to take me off the list when he told us that all they had left were Upper Class seats and I was sitting in 4K.
I just said "I am going!" I didn't care if we had to sleep in the streets and swim home, I was going!
It all ended up working out fine. We had a couple of days in London and then took the Eurostar to Paris.

Eating at a restaurant(Bree Street Cafe) in Johannesburg that, for whatever reason, did not have enough dishes. We had to wait until some people finished so they could wash the dishes and serve us. Then, when we went back to the room, someone had broken a key off in the lock and we could not get back in. We had to change rooms.
Profile
It's not about me, it's about you!
Would you believe that I love to travel?
I cannot travel everywhere and all of the time though, so I can live vicariously through your photos and blogs.
I enjoy reading and smiling at different photos and blogs on here.
I am quid pro quo when it comes to smiling!

I am married for 18 years and we have an 16 year old daughter. I LOVE to travel with them and get to often.
I will do a few solo trips throughout the year, when they are in the classroom.
I am always up for a travelbuddy to explore with on those trips.
They can be male or female, however, my name is not Tiger nor Jesse James, and I will not cheat on my wife. I intend to be married to her for 50 years and beyond!!!

I can go most places with little notice, so let me know!

A mile of road will take you just a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere!
EmyG says:
Have a safe flight and enjoy Balkans. Tell me how was is after coming back. Soon I will go there too. We booked today our apartments in Zadar, Dubrovnik and Sarajevo :)
KeikoVD says:
Jeremy, thanks for all your smiles :) I saw your travel list u will be in Croatia, have a pleasant trip :)
EmyG says:
thank you for the smiles Jeremy :) see, what you have missed? :P

vulindlela's Travel Blogs

Bites of The Big Apple
Nov 05, 2016
Been many times, but never have give the city my proper attention. I will be making several trips the New York City, to se…
Overview 320 words 30 37 284
Mount Rushmore
Oct 19, 2016
A quick trip to some National Parks, on the return from seeing family.
Overview 110 words 17 20 138
Badlands National Park
Oct 18, 2016
A quick trip to some National Parks, after seeing family.
Overview 206 words 63 31 452

vulindlela's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
Since it is low season, there were many inexpensive hotels listed for the area. We chose this o…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Philip, South Dakota, USA
As someone who grew up during the latter days of the Cold War, I have always been fascinated by …
This review was featured on Thursday February 9th, 2017
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Warsaw, Poland
Travelbuddy Emilia(EmyG) brought me here for lunch during our city tour for the Warsaw meet up. …
Updated 1 month ago