TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 693,841 travelers just like you!

vulindlela
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Jeremy
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Website: my.flightmemory.com/bonaire
Join Date: June 10, 2007
Contributions: vulindlela has written about 219 places, shared 3,866 photos, left 196,100 comments, and smiled 642,505 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Travel Plans
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Dec 12, 2017 – Dec 15, 2017
Family
Merida, Mexico
dream destination
There is a new flight from Atlanta, and just because I want to.
Queretaro, Mexico
dream destination
There is a new flight from Atlanta, and just because I want to.
» see all 30 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Enough Spanish to get around. I also speak fluent airline!
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Beirut, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Lisbon, Budapest, Moscow, Athens, and Rio have been a few of my favorite places so far.

Honeymoon in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles.

1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Jumping off a moving train outside of Brussels.
The train stopped at our stop but the door did not open and then the train started to pull out of the station. My friend hit an emergency door switch and the door opened.
Without hesitation, we jumped.

Trying to nonrev from SFO to Paris on Air France. The flight was full so they endorsed our tickets but we could not find another open flight to Europe. KLM, Finnair, and BA were all full.
Finally, Virgin accepted our ticket and told us to go wait at the gate for seats.
While waiting, I decided that I did not want to go now because all of our plans were for Paris. We had hotel reservations and our return ticket was Paris to Houston.
My friend was trying to talk me into going when the Agent called us up to the counter.
I was about to tell him to take me off the list when he told us that all they had left were Upper Class seats and I was sitting in 4K.
I just said "I am going!" I didn't care if we had to sleep in the streets and swim home, I was going!
It all ended up working out fine. We had a couple of days in London and then took the Eurostar to Paris.

Eating at a restaurant(Bree Street Cafe) in Johannesburg that, for whatever reason, did not have enough dishes. We had to wait until some people finished so they could wash the dishes and serve us. Then, when we went back to the room, someone had broken a key off in the lock and we could not get back in. We had to change rooms.
Profile
It's not about me, it's about you!
Would you believe that I love to travel?
I cannot travel everywhere and all of the time though, so I can live vicariously through your photos and blogs.
I enjoy reading and smiling at different photos and blogs on here.

I am married for 19 years and we have a 17 year old daughter. I LOVE to travel with them and get to often.
I will do a few solo trips throughout the year, when they are in the classroom.
I am always up for a travelbuddy to explore with on those trips.
They can be male or female, however, my name is not Tiger nor Jesse James, and I will not cheat on my wife.

I can go most places with little notice, so let me know!
I prefer to travel off peak season, because I dislike crowds, and I fly NRSA.

A mile of road will take you just a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere!
oboegirl says:
That is great that your daughter plays viola. I have been wanting to learn cello but oboe and English horn is keeping me pretty busy. Hope your daughter will continue to play in her adult life. Music has always kept me going. Yes, I want to go to Yellowstone either right before or right after the busy tourist season. I saw an incredible documentary on the founding of our National Park System and it just got me very excited to see them all. Oh and I see you and your family are in Vegas, so if you have not already checked it out...have to do the NEON MUSEUM..the boneyard as they call it...totally fun with all these old vintage signs from the original Vegas strip. Kids would love it! The atomic testing museum is also fascinating. Have fun there!
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Jeremy, for the smiles on my review of Mangai in Brazil!
oboegirl says:
Thx for your welcoming note. Already people have made me feel excited to be here on travbuddy. Cannot wait to get started on my bucket list! Have a blessed day, you and your family! Trish

vulindlela's Travel Blogs

Oct 13, 2017 – Oct 17, 2017
A short trip to County Clare, with a hurricane thrown in for added excitement!
Overview 1,854 words 66 21 365
This blog was featured on Tuesday October 24th, 2017
Mar 22, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017
Spring break in Croatia, with a long layover in Frankfurt as well.
Overview 3,122 words 241 83 1,831
This blog was featured on Thursday April 6th, 2017
Bites of The Big Apple
Nov 05, 2016
Been many times, but never have give the city my proper attention. I will be making several trips the New York City, to se…
Overview 320 words 30 37 316

vulindlela's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Eagan, Minnesota, USA
I had a chance to stay here on a recent work trip to Minneapolis. The hotel was very nice and…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Swords, Ireland
On our recent trip to Ireland, our return flight was from Dublin airport, so we needed a place c…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I was finally able to see this place on a recent visit to Atlanta. The last time I was going to…
Updated 2 months ago