villa leonora beach resort

villa leonora beach resort Puerto Princesa City Reviews

ab_hernandez ab_herna…
DON’T STAY HERE…THIS IS NOT A RESORT Aug 26, 2010
DON’T STAY HERE…THIS IS NOT A RESORT

I think that this hotel needs to be reviewed by a recent guest there so that no one else gets scammed by the hotel owners.

Firstly, THIS IS NOT A RESORT; it is just a regular hotel on the beach. We arrived at the Villa Leonora Beach Resort on August 22, 2010 and stayed for two nights. When arriving at the hotel we thought the place looked nice. We were welcomed with a drink and then shown our room. The Rooms are a nice size and somewhat clean. When checking the room we noticed that there were ants on the counter and around the bed. This was a little irritating because waking up with ant bits is never fun. The bathroom is small, dark and damp. Also the water pressure is very very low so taking a shower is quite difficult.

This hotel has a restaurant and a bar but the prices are 3 times the regular price. As a guest you are forced to buy all of your food and drinks at the restaurant because there are no other restaurants or stores in a 5-7 km radius. The food is basic not that good not that bad, but for the price you would think it would be great, its not. Also, the hotel suffers from frequent brown/black outs. They do have a generator but the owners only use it to power their personal house not the guests’ rooms. You would think that a “RESORT” would try to provide power to their customers before powering there personal room. When it is raining or you just finished Island hopping and you don’t want to spend a ridiculous amount of money to have some drinks you would think that you could go to your room and relax and watch some TV but there is no TV in the Rooms. So, when it gets dark there really isn’t much to do because there is NOTHING around you for about 5-7km.

At any normal resort or even a hotel you would think that they would provide some amenities to keep their guest entertained well this place has some but they charge you for EVERYTHING. In the restaurant there is a pool table but they charge 30pp per game. They have a dart board and charge 30pp per game. They have internet but they charge 30pp for 15min and 100pp for 1hr. This place even charges their guests 30pp to swim on the beach (They have a sign at there counter stating this). The beach is ok if you don’t look to the south because of the construction and materials on the next lots beachfront. Every other resort that I have stayed at provides all of these things for free even guesthouses and small hotels provide most of these things for free.

There are two options when getting to the hotel. The first is take the local bus at Puerto but these busses fill up very fast and most of the times people ride on the roof of the bus. Most travelers that are going to stay at a resort won’t like this option. The Second is to have the Hotel pick you up. PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY DO CHARGE YOU about $100 (3500pp) for a return trip. This is where the hotel is a SCAM because a normal bus ride costs about 60-80pp. He charges you the cost of 2nights stay for the city transfer.

Prior to our stay at the Villa Leonora Beach resort, I requested the city pick up/return service. We received a kind email telling us not to worry about anything and they would pick us up. They NEVER once said in the 4 emails that they would charge us for the transfer nor does there website mention these charges. We didn’t find out about the charge until 9:00pm the night before we were due to leave. When I was told about this I told the reception lady that we were never told about this and that it was never mention so I assumed that this was a service the hotel “Resort” provided. The lady then got the manager and he told me that his associate had made a mistake by not mentioning the pick up/drop off charge and that we had to pay the full amount. He even told me that he check all of our emails that we had sent to one another and he admitted that this was his mistake At this point I was getting upset because it was there mistake and there are no signs telling me the real price of this service. I felt like the owner just chose a price to charge us because he knew that we had to pay in order to catch our flight in the morning. At this point in our trip we were 18 days into a vacation and the cash was running low. We still had to pay the airport exit fee at 2 airports. We finally came to an agreement that I would pay him 2000pp ($50) for the pick up/drop off service. I felt that this was fair because the resort is kind of far from the city and he should get some compensation for this service. We thought this was settled but we were wrong.

In the morning we got our stuff ready and went to eat breakfast. While we were eating the manager came to me and asked if we could talk. We went to the corner of the restaurant and he began calling me a liar. He said that I lied to him about not having a credit card. I did have a credit card but why should I use my card to withdraw money for a charge I new nothing about (Also I don’t keep my CC pin number because of the extra charges on cash advances). He also told me that I lied to him about how many days I stayed in the city because I told him in an email before our trip that we were going to stay in the city for 1 day. (Later in the planning of our trip we decided that we didn’t have enough time to go to El Nido, so we ended up staying in Puerto for more nights. I really wanted to tell him that this was irrelevant to the transfer charge but at this point we felt like we were being held hostage because we had to catch our flight in 3 hrs and if I said anything to make him angry he would not take us to the airport). So I told him that we stayed an extra night and he stormed off saying F this and F that, “Very professional and hospitable.” By that time we were getting worried so I waited 5 min then asked to speak to him again. He sent his wife out to speak with us and all she said is “are you going to pay or not”. I told her we are going to do what we agreed and that was to go exchange money and pay. After a horrible and uncomfortable ride to the city I exchanged money and asked him once again if we were going to settle this like we said last night. He said “NO my wife is demanding all of the money”. At this point we had 2 hrs before our flight and we were getting nervous so we paid the full amount ($100). This was a horrible way to end a great vacation!!!

PLEASE DON’T STAY HERE. There are other hotels within the city or a little out of the city to stay at for the same price. If you do stay at the Villa Leonora Beach “Resort”, GOOD LUCK.

Thanks for reading hope it helps

villa leonora beach resort Overview

Welcome to Villa Leonora Resort! Deeply rooted as part of the Filipino culture is being hospitable to strangers, much more so with friends, families and expected guests, comes this family tradition of ours of welcoming visitors of Palawan through our humble beach resort. Enhancing ways of accommodating guests, an exclusive, descent place was created for you to relax and spent a quality time with friends and special loved ones in the good province of Palawan. Friendly and affectionate staff are available 24hours a day to be of help and service to you to all your needs in the resort. By staying at Villa Leonora, you will save time and money. There is a resort boat for island hopping in Honda Bay. IMPORTANT: Whenever possible please tell us if you require airportresort round trip transfer and flight details of arrivaldeparture when making your booking. The round trip transfer price is PHP3500The beauty of Villa Leonora awaits you.

villa leonora beach resort Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels