TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 500,891 travelers just like you!

vickie-lou
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Vickie
Hometown: Northampton, England, UK
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe
Join Date: February 18, 2011
Contributions: vickie-lou has written about 52 places, shared 1,292 photos, left 438 comments, and smiled 568 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
dream destination
» see all 11 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, a tiny bit of Mandarin, a vague memory of French and German from school
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Spending the summer working at Mount Rushmore in the US, I fell in love with the Black Hills and met a lot of great people

Seeing the sun set over the Great Western Divide from the top of Moro Rock in the Sequioa National Park (and seeing 4 bears on the same day)

Skydiving in Taupo, Black Water Rafting in Waitaimo, horse riding in Paihia, digging a hot pool at Hot Water Beach, seeing the sunrise in Rangitukia and generally loving the north island of New Zealand!

Living in and loving Wanaka. Making friends I'll never forget and generally loving life!

Travelling on the Trans Siberian railway in mid-winter. Having my hair freeze solid in Siberia, staying in a Ger camp in Mongolia where my watch froze to death and celebrating surviving the end of the world in a smoky club in Moscow!
Profile
After getting a taste for the world on my round the world trip, I realised just how much I love to travel and experience new food/cultures/people. I love unexpected adventures and diving head first into 'alien' nations. I can't wait for my African Adventure in 2014!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St Augustine

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." Dr Seuss

To learn more about me and my travels, check out my latest blog =)
nolan says:
Nice. Looking forward to reading your blog and admiring the photos.
Posted on: Apr 04, 2014
nolan says:
Hi Vickie, how is your Africa sojourn so far?
Posted on: Mar 19, 2014
sarahelaine says:
I went rafting in Jinja last year- it was absolutely beautiful between the rapids, the Nile is gorgeous. :)
Posted on: Feb 20, 2014

vickie-lou's Travel Blogs

Apr 29, 2013 – May 04, 2013
Talking to people and having a good time is the norm when travelling but occasionally you meet those people that you know will …
Overview 4,427 words 100 6 23
This blog was featured on Friday May 24th, 2013
Sep 12, 2011 – Dec 23, 2012
I'll be updating this blog throughout my travels, detailing my first big trip alone into the big wide world!
Overview 34,822 words 1,060 115 369
This blog was featured on Wednesday October 19th, 2011
The Black Hills, 2010
Sep 14, 2010 – Sep 30, 2010
I spent the summer of 2010 working at Mount Rushmore National Monument in the Black Hills of South Dakota and it was the BEST t…
Overview 733 words 28 11 43

vickie-lou's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Sinaia, Romania
This was a beautiful monastery with two churches on site (an old out of use one and the new one)…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Bucharest, Romania
My Romanian friend led me to this bar and I don't think I would have even seen it if I had been …
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Bucharest, Romania
The Radu Voda Monastery is a must-see place in Bucharest. It is on the site of the oldest known …
Updated 3 months ago