TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 539,558 travelers just like you!

vickie-lou
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Vickie
Hometown: Northampton, England, UK
Location: Northampton, England, UK
Join Date: February 18, 2011
Contributions: vickie-lou has written about 72 places, shared 1,593 photos, left 477 comments, and smiled 617 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
India
Dec 4, 2014 – Dec 11, 2014
Hopefully going to a wedding in Mumbai!
Turkey
dream destination
Jordan
dream destination
» see all 16 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English and I'm fairly good at wafting my hands around to get my point across
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Spending the summer working at Mount Rushmore in the US, I fell in love with the Black Hills and met a lot of great people

Seeing the sun set over the Great Western Divide from the top of Moro Rock in the Sequioa National Park (and seeing 4 bears on the same day)

Skydiving in Taupo, Black Water Rafting in Waitaimo, horse riding in Paihia, digging a hot pool at Hot Water Beach, seeing the sunrise in Rangitukia and generally loving the north island of New Zealand!

Living in and loving Wanaka. Making friends I'll never forget and generally loving life during my year in New Zealand!

Travelling on the Trans Siberian railway in mid-winter. Having my hair freeze solid in Siberia, staying in a Ger camp in Mongolia where my watch froze to death and celebrating surviving the end of the world in a smoky club in Moscow!

Gorilla trekking in Rwanda, hot air ballooning over the Serengeti at sunrise, nearly getting charged by elephants, snorkeling in Zanzibar, hanging out with the locals in Malawi, elephant riding, lion walking, rhino trekking and sitting by a very busy waterhole at sunset in Zimbabwe. Skydiving (again) in Namibia, hiking the beautiful landscapes of South Africa, going up the Sani Pass and staying in a local village in Lesotho and finishing it all off with a fantastic trip to Kruger where our vehicle's wheel went sailing past us at speed!
Profile
After getting a taste for the world on my round the world trip, I realised just how much I love to travel and experience new food/cultures/people. I love unexpected adventures and diving head first into 'alien' nations.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St Augustine

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." Dr Seuss

To learn more about me and my travels, check out my latest blog =)
raghavender says:
Greeting from INDIA!!!

feel free to contact me for any help
I will be happy to assist you.

Mb. 919866986654
Posted on: Sep 07, 2014
joseph98 says:
Cheers Vickie :-)
Posted on: Aug 26, 2014
joseph98 says:
Cool, will have to remember that one. Hopefully you'll like Zambia too, if you do decide to go there - the people are certainly friendly, if nothing else!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2014

vickie-lou's Travel Blogs

Feb 16, 2014 – Apr 17, 2014
I spent 3 and a half months travelling the length and breadth of East and Southern Africa. This is my adventure =)
Overview 18,312 words 300 31 294
This blog was featured on Monday June 16th, 2014
Apr 29, 2013 – May 04, 2013
Talking to people and having a good time is the norm when travelling but occasionally you meet those people that you know will …
Overview 4,427 words 100 6 23
This blog was featured on Friday May 24th, 2013
Sep 12, 2011 – Dec 23, 2012
I'll be updating this blog throughout my travels, detailing my first big trip alone into the big wide world!
Overview 34,822 words 1,060 117 374
This blog was featured on Wednesday October 19th, 2011

vickie-lou's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Sinaia, Romania
This was a beautiful monastery with two churches on site (an old out of use one and the new one)…
Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in Bucharest, Romania
My Romanian friend led me to this bar and I don't think I would have even seen it if I had been …
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Bucharest, Romania
The Radu Voda Monastery is a must-see place in Bucharest. It is on the site of the oldest known …
Updated 1 month ago