TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 660,089 travelers just like you!

vicIII

Name: Victor
Hometown: Luhansk, Ukraine
Location: Syeverodonets'k, Ukraine
Join Date: January 7, 2017
Contributions: vicIII has shared 1 photo, left 31 comments, and smiled 109 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Mariupol, Ukraine
Jan 25, 2017 – Jan 31, 2017
I am planning a trip to this city this month...
Kempten im Allgau, Germany
May 22, 2017 – Jun 2, 2017
Annual VT Meet
Corfu, Greece
Oct 22, 2017 – Oct 31, 2017
We revere St.Spiridon and want to venerate his relics and see this Greek island...
» see all 7 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Russian, Ukrainian, English, German
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
As for me, I always had so many impressions of my trips to Europe that did not even have enough time to digest them all. We managed to visit so many beautiful places and numerous historic sites. Visiting, for example, Cologne Cathedral I was so excited to have the privilege of seeing the ancient shrine that I was about to cry. I asked myself if it was true that all that was happening to me. Paying a visit to a new place in Europe is great, just for the sake of those impressions.
There are places I feel like revisiting to bring back some happy memories connected with them.
Walking through the streets of the city, dropping in at a small cozy café, enjoying a cup of coffee and doing some people watching, you start feeling as if you came into this cafe not the first time in your life, but just after your work, for a break.
Strolling in the parks and avenues, you attentively look at buildings, monuments, fountains, parks, and flower beds, constantly taking pictures without noticing if the battery of your camera is charged.
Sitting on the balcony at your hotel, you observe the new mode of life, which you could not even imagine sitting at home. The hotel staff are always glad to see you, smiling, and joking - doing everything so that you feel comfortable.
The days of your tour are over, and you fly back home. You keep only pleasant memories in your heart, and lots of positive emotions. Your destination sketch that your consciousness pictured for you before traveling remained in the past. You feel refreshed and inspired. Perhaps the interest in life lies in this?
Profile
An English and German teacher by education and all my life.
Translator/interpreter as well.
Now I work for the ICRC in Syeverodonetsk, Ukraine.

There are cities I have visited several times, and they attract me more and more. For example, Odessa or St. Petersburg. And even traveling by train is great, whether I travel to Lviv or from Berlin to Cologne. You board the train and a completely different life begins. It’s like turning a new leaf.
Most of all I have traveled about Ukraine having visited twelve of its regional centers (half of their total number) and lots of smaller towns and cities. All in all, I have visited ten countries outside Ukraine, visiting mostly smaller towns and cities.
I have four main reasons for my love of traveling:

- a chance of everyday discovery of something new. Every second you travel, you get a lot of new information, get new experiences and emotions. Scientists say that during your journey, within a day you can learn more things than in ten years of your life at home;

- an opportunity of meeting new people. I would say, the opportunity of getting acquainted with good and nice people. Who doubts that an accidental acquaintance can dramatically change your life? It is especially true if you are traveling with the help of such travel websites, as ours where you can meet the world’s kindest people;

- a time to be yourself. When you find yourself in a strange environment where you know no one and everything seems unfamiliar to you, where you might visit for the first and for the last time, you just start being themselves. Not the way your parents, friends or colleagues want to see you. You drop all masks that you have to put on every day, relax and just become the person you want to be;

- an opportunity of training and perfecting your survival skills and developing a sense of independence.
loripori says:
Thanks Victor. Just getting to know my way around
Posted on: Jan 16, 2017
german_eagle says:
Hi Victor, good to see you here. Best wishes!
Posted on: Jan 12, 2017
yumyum-ch says:
Have yozu got lots of snow yet?
Posted on: Jan 12, 2017