TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,565 travelers just like you!

vicIII
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Travelpedian

Name: Victor
Hometown: Luhansk, Ukraine
Location: Syeverodonets'k, Ukraine
Website: www.ukrainevideoguide.com/uvg/
Join Date: January 7, 2017
Contributions: vicIII has written about 239 places, shared 4,801 photos, left 354 comments, and smiled 951 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Kempten im Allgau, Germany
May 22, 2017 – Jun 2, 2017
Annual VT Meet
Corfu, Greece
Oct 22, 2017 – Oct 31, 2017
We revere St.Spiridon and want to venerate his relics and see this Greek island...
Bari, Italy
dream destination
We want to pay a visit to Basilica di San Nicola where St.Nickolas the Miracle-Maker rests...The city itself is a great place to discover.
» see all 6 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Russian, Ukrainian, English, German
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I always had so many impressions of my trips to different Europian countries. We managed to visit so many beautiful places and numerous historic sites. Visiting Cologne Cathedral I was so excited to have the privilege of seeing the ancient shrine that I was about to cry. I asked myself if it was true that all that was happening to me. Paying a visit to a new place in a Europian country is great, just for the sake of those impressions.
There are places I feel like revisiting to bring back some happy memories connected with them.
Walking through the streets of the city, dropping in at a small cozy café, enjoying a cup of coffee and doing some people watching, you start feeling as if you came into this cafe not the first time in your life, but just after your work, for a break.
Strolling in the parks and avenues, you attentively look at buildings, monuments, fountains, parks, and flower beds, constantly taking pictures without noticing if the battery of your camera is charged.
Sitting on the balcony at your hotel, you observe the new mode of life, which you could not even imagine sitting at home. The hotel staff are always glad to see you, smiling, and joking - doing everything so that you feel comfortable.
The days of your tour are over, and you fly back home. You keep only pleasant memories in your heart, and lots of positive emotions. Your destination sketch that your consciousness pictured for you before traveling remained in the past. You feel refreshed and inspired. Perhaps the interest in life lies in this?
Profile
I was a Virtual Tourist member for 16 years. I am an English and German teacher by education and all my life, and I also worked as a translator/interpreter.
There are cities I have visited several times, and they attract me more and more. For example, Odessa or St. Petersburg. And even traveling by train is great, whether I travel to Lviv or from Berlin to Cologne. You board the train and a completely different life begins. It’s like turning a new leaf.
Most of all I have traveled about Ukraine having visited twelve of its regional centers (half of their total number) and lots of smaller towns and cities. All in all, I have visited ten countries outside Ukraine, visiting mostly smaller towns and cities.
I have four main reasons for my love of traveling:
- a chance of everyday discovery of something new. Every second you travel, you get a lot of new information, get new experiences and emotions. Scientists say that during your journey, within a day you can learn more things than in ten years of your life at home;
- an opportunity of meeting new people. I would say, the opportunity of getting acquainted with good and nice people. Who doubts that an accidental acquaintance can dramatically change your life? It is especially true if you are traveling with the help of such travel websites, as ours where you can meet the world’s kindest people;
- a time to be yourself. When you find yourself in a strange environment where you know no one and everything seems unfamiliar to you, where you might visit for the first and for the last time, you just start being themselves. Not the way your parents, friends or colleagues want to see you. You drop all masks that you have to put on every day, relax and just become the person you want to be;
- an opportunity of training and perfecting your survival skills and developing a sense of independence.
Darfsteller says:
Congratulations for your Writer II award!
ulis says:
Thanks!
Airpunk says:
Congratulations for the Writer II award, Vic! All the best - Karl

vicIII's Travel Blogs

Things to Do in Ukraine
Mar 16, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017
If you were asked to name the second largest country in Europe, your answer most likely would be France or Germany. You might b…
Overview 8,598 words 470 4 14
Exploring Russia
Mar 25, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017
"The Russians, as a people, are both stoics and romantics, both long-suffering martyrs and self-indulgent hedonists, both obedi…
Overview 7,685 words 348 11 63
My Impressions of Germany
Mar 13, 2017 – Mar 27, 2017
All in all, I have visited Germany ten times already, among them seven times as an interpreter, two times for studies and once …
Overview 10,473 words 332 8 60

vicIII's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Myrhorod, Ukraine
The full name of the spa complex of the city is Mirgorodkurort Private Joint Stock Company. It i…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Myrhorod, Ukraine
Assumption of Our Lady Cathedral is located on the territory of the spa. It was built on people…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Syeverodonetsk, Ukraine
Victory Square ("ploshchad Pabyedy" in Russian) is the main one in Syeverodonetsk. This is whe…
Updated 32 minutes ago