TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,434 travelers just like you!

vicIII
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug I

Name: Victor
Hometown: Luhansk, Ukraine
Location: Syeverodonets'k, Ukraine
Website: www.ukrainevideoguide.com/uvg/
Join Date: January 7, 2017
Contributions: vicIII has written about 417 places, shared 10,150 photos, left 588 comments, and smiled 2,264 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Kempten im Allgau, Germany
May 25, 2017 – Jun 2, 2017
Annual VT Meet
Corfu, Greece
dream destination
We revere St.Spiridon and want to venerate his relics and see this Greek island...
Bari, Italy
dream destination
We want to pay a visit to Basilica di San Nicola where St.Nickolas the Miracle-Maker rests...The city itself is a great place to discover.
» see all 6 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Russian, Ukrainian, English, German
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I always had so many impressions of my trips to different Europian countries. We managed to visit so many beautiful places and numerous historic sites, among them Cologne Cathedral. I was privileged to visit this old shrine and to admire its interior. Paying a visit to a new place in a European country is great, just for the sake of those impressions. There are places I feel like revisiting to bring back some happy memories connected with them.
Walking through the streets of the city, dropping in at a small cozy café, enjoying a cup of coffee and doing some people watching, you start feeling as if you came into this cafe not the first time in your life, but just after your work, for a break. Strolling in the parks and avenues, you attentively look at buildings, monuments, fountains, parks, and flower beds, constantly taking pictures without noticing if the battery of your camera is charged.
Sitting on the balcony at your hotel, you observe the new mode of life, which you could not even imagine sitting at home. The hotel staff are always glad to see you, smiling, and joking - doing everything so that you feel comfortable.
The days of your tour are over, and you fly back home. You keep only pleasant memories in your heart, and lots of positive emotions. Your destination sketch that your consciousness pictured for you before traveling remained in the past. You feel refreshed and inspired. Perhaps the interest in life lies in this?
Profile
I was a Virtual Tourist member for 16 years. Dear VTers, you have been a part of my life for years while communicating through that wonderful web site. I must say that I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. Thank you. Keep well, fellow travelers! Happy trails!
I have worked as a school teacher of English and German and also as a translator and an interpreter. Now I am an office worker.
There are cities I have visited several times, and they attract me more and more. Most of all I have traveled about Ukraine having visited twelve of its regional centers (half of their total number) and lots of smaller towns and cities. All in all, I have visited ten countries outside Ukraine, visiting mostly smaller towns and cities.
I have four main reasons for my love of traveling:
- a chance of everyday discovery of something new. Every second you travel, you get a lot of new information, get new experiences and emotions. Scientists say that during your journey, within a day you can learn more things than in ten years of your life at home;
- an opportunity of meeting new people. I would say, the opportunity of getting acquainted with good and nice people. Who doubts that an accidental acquaintance can dramatically change your life? It is especially true if you are traveling with the help of such travel websites, as ours where you can meet the world’s kindest people;
- a time to be yourself. When you find yourself in a strange environment where you know no one and everything seems unfamiliar to you, where you might visit for the first and for the last time, you just start being themselves. Not the way your parents, friends or colleagues want to see you. You drop all masks that you have to put on every day, relax and just become the person you want to be;
- an opportunity of training and perfecting your survival skills and developing a sense of independence.
planxty says:
Thank you so much for your very generous comments, Victor. I just wish I had J.K Rowlings bank balance!
Posted on: May 22, 2017
starship1 says:
Thanks for all the smiles, Victor!!
Posted on: May 22, 2017
Nemorino says:
Have a great time at the VT meeting in Kempton!
Sorry I can't be there, but that's a busy weekend for me here in Frankfurt. Hope to meet you some other time.
Posted on: May 21, 2017

vicIII's Travel Blogs

My Odessa Impressions
Feb 24, 2017 – May 17, 2017
Odessa, Ukraine -› -› …
Odessa was founded in 1794. The first name for the new port and city was Khadji Bay. On January 27, 1795, according to the Decr…
Overview 8,245 words 137 3 11
Attractions in Luhansk Region, Ukraine
Mar 15, 2017 – May 13, 2017
Luhans'ka Oblast' - this is how Luhansk region sounds in Ukrainian. Luhansk region is the easternmost region of Ukraine borderi…
Overview 52,828 words 2,639 7 86
Mar 25, 2017 – May 12, 2017
"The Russians, as a people, are both stoics and romantics, both long-suffering martyrs and self-indulgent hedonists, both obedi…
Overview 10,497 words 638 17 97
This blog was featured on Monday April 3rd, 2017

vicIII's Travel Reviews

Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Al-Samawa, Iraq
Iraq, the Land of Two Rivers, has a long history and great traditions. It has a tremendously var…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Poltava, Ukraine
If you can allow a day trip, visit the town of Dykanka (“Dikanka” in Russian) located to th…
Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Al-Samawa, Iraq
I worked in the Soviet technical assistance group that used to work at Samawa cement factory bui…