TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,268 travelers just like you!

vances
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Vance
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Location: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Website: www.sujatravel.com/
Join Date: May 4, 2006
Contributions: vances has written about 839 places, shared 7,792 photos, left 12,485 comments, and smiled 36,612 times.
Interested in: sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Ecuador
Dec 26, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017
No itinerary yet, but excited!
Papua New Guinea
dream destination
Kokoda, Mount Wilhem, Warwagira Mask festival? Game for one or more if you are!
Valley of Flowers, India
dream destination
Countries I've Traveled To
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Taking a dhow trip in Musandam peninsula, Oman and hiking the Kalalau trail on Kauai!
Profile
I firmly believe travel is a requirement to straighten this world out --- getting out and digging up common ground with others teaches that we are rather similar with no need to quarrel.

"Whenever someone asks me what I think he should do with his life, I say, First, leave home. Get out there, where if you care to listen, you will find many other people dreaming of making connections and changing the world, just like you. The only mistake is in thinking you will make an important difference in the lives of the people you are among. The profound difference will be in you."

.....Paul Theroux

"Traveler, there are no roads. Roads are made by walking."

.......Spanish proverb
ilserita says:
Hi Vance!
Thanks for all the smiles on my new UNESCO-blog :)
Have a great weekend!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2017
gingerbatik says:
Thanks for the smiles Vance and enjoy Ecuador. It is a beautiful country:)

I just back from S. Africa 2 days ago, busy with washing, etc,etc, and will leave again to Malta on the 16 dec. Hopefully can rest there since I do not have enough sleep in S. Africa, up at 4am everyday.
Posted on: Dec 14, 2017
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Vance, for the smiles on my review of Churrascaria Tererê in Brazil!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2017

vances's Travel Blogs

Jun 02, 2017 – Oct 28, 2017
Travels around my new home state, beginning 2017.
Overview 3,022 words 211 107 751
This blog was featured on Tuesday October 3rd, 2017
Feb 03, 2008 – Sep 26, 2017
There doesn’t seem to be nearly enough info on this site around the paradise I used to live in --- Maine. Thought I would re…
Overview 32,656 words 783 609 1,631
This blog was featured on Sunday February 10th, 2008
Oct 04, 2009 – Jul 23, 2017
Will try to organize all the ramblings around my present home state in a single blog. Hope you enjoy!
Overview 17,174 words 997 1,045 3,740
This blog was featured on Tuesday November 10th, 2009

vances's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Georgetown, Ohio, USA
The Grant boyhood home is recommended. Ulysses was the firstborn of Jesse and Hanna in 1823 and…
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Georgetown, Ohio, USA
A nice eatery for a small town. There was only a single over-taxed waitress/register person ten…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Lubec, Maine, USA
Surrounding West Quoddy Head Light is a decent state park bearing the same name. Quoddy Head St…
Updated 1 hour ago