TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 682,868 travelers just like you!

vances
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Vance
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Location: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Website: www.sujatravel.com/
Join Date: May 4, 2006
Contributions: vances has written about 797 places, shared 7,311 photos, left 12,078 comments, and smiled 35,303 times.
Interested in: sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Maine, Maine, USA
Sep 23, 2017 – Oct 1, 2017
Got talked into being Treasurer for FOMB again, so heading north to grab books...and see friends!
Ottawa, Canada
Oct 14, 2017 – Oct 15, 2017
Stacey talked me into coming up for the Alice Cooper tribute show...hooray for halloween!
Papua New Guinea
dream destination
Kokoda, Mount Wilhem, Warwagira Mask festival? Game for one or more if you are!
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Taking a dhow trip in Musandam peninsula, Oman and hiking the Kalalau trail on Kauai!
Profile
I firmly believe travel is a requirement to straighten this world out --- getting out and digging up common ground with others teaches that we are rather similar with no need to quarrel.

"Whenever someone asks me what I think he should do with his life, I say, First, leave home. Get out there, where if you care to listen, you will find many other people dreaming of making connections and changing the world, just like you. The only mistake is in thinking you will make an important difference in the lives of the people you are among. The profound difference will be in you."

.....Paul Theroux

"Traveler, there are no roads. Roads are made by walking."

.......Spanish proverb
EmyG says:
Thank you for the smiles Vance :) I know you posted loads of new staff but I barely have time to visit tb to check. Sry. Will try to make it up in September when all things would be more settled. Now I live by one leg in Poland one in the UK :/
Posted on: Aug 15, 2017
Laurie95 says:
Posted on: Aug 15, 2017
joseph98 says:
Thanks for all the smiles and comments Vance! Well and truly appreciated :-)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2017

vances's Travel Blogs

Oct 29, 2010 – Jun 26, 2017
My first time to witness beautiful Skyline Drive so our pooch could meet my brother-in-laws pooch.
Overview 4,134 words 204 141 605
This blog was featured on Saturday December 19th, 2015
Dec 14, 2013 – Jun 24, 2017
Visiting mom for Christmas, as well as old friends and a side trip to NYC.
Overview 9,466 words 418 283 1,419
This blog was featured on Saturday December 28th, 2013
Apr 11, 2015 – Mar 25, 2017
Capturing rambles through Indiana
Overview 2,770 words 114 145 699
This blog was featured on Thursday November 5th, 2015

vances's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Charles City, Virginia, USA
John Tyler’s Sherwood Forest is one of those many jewels off the beaten path. There is no dou…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
A fun eatery which looks deceptively like a chain, but is apparently independently owned with th…
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
As we neared our hotel in Charlottesville I tasked my sister to find a lunch spot. After googli…
Updated 7 days ago