TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,002 travelers just like you!

vances
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Vance
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Location: Dayton, Ohio, USA
Website: www.sujatravel.com/
Join Date: May 4, 2006
Contributions: vances has written about 815 places, shared 7,486 photos, left 12,311 comments, and smiled 35,988 times.
Interested in: sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Papua New Guinea
dream destination
Kokoda, Mount Wilhem, Warwagira Mask festival? Game for one or more if you are!
Valley of Flowers, India
dream destination
Countries I've Traveled To
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Taking a dhow trip in Musandam peninsula, Oman and hiking the Kalalau trail on Kauai!
Profile
I firmly believe travel is a requirement to straighten this world out --- getting out and digging up common ground with others teaches that we are rather similar with no need to quarrel.

"Whenever someone asks me what I think he should do with his life, I say, First, leave home. Get out there, where if you care to listen, you will find many other people dreaming of making connections and changing the world, just like you. The only mistake is in thinking you will make an important difference in the lives of the people you are among. The profound difference will be in you."

.....Paul Theroux

"Traveler, there are no roads. Roads are made by walking."

.......Spanish proverb
spocklogic says:
You are indeed listless ;) For my sales pitch, have a look at my TravBuddy-102 guide, Part 5: Creating Lists

walterman9999 says:
Thanks Vance for your smiles and comments on my Utah blog.
cotton_foam says:
Hi, Vance!
Thank you much for the smiles and comment!
Hey, those pictures of you and Stacey are great! I like the one you guys are on a giant chair! That's very cool! :)
Have a good one, Vance!

vances's Travel Blogs

Oct 04, 2009 – Jul 23, 2017
Will try to organize all the ramblings around my present home state in a single blog. Hope you enjoy!
Overview 17,174 words 997 1,045 3,740
This blog was featured on Tuesday November 10th, 2009
Oct 29, 2010 – Jun 27, 2017
My first time to witness beautiful Skyline Drive so our pooch could meet my brother-in-laws pooch.
Overview 4,693 words 234 169 851
This blog was featured on Saturday December 19th, 2015
Dec 14, 2013 – Jun 24, 2017
Visiting mom for Christmas, as well as old friends and a side trip to NYC.
Overview 9,466 words 418 283 1,421
This blog was featured on Saturday December 28th, 2013

vances's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
So this is a chain of complexes where, according their marketing, the goal is to “merge genuin…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Time marches on, but fortunately we look back over our shoulder every now and again to make sure…
This review was featured on Sunday August 27th, 2017
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Charles City, Virginia, USA
John Tyler’s Sherwood Forest is one of those many jewels off the beaten path. There is no dou…
Updated 1 day ago