TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,083 travelers just like you!

travelman727
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Mark
Location: Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Website: twitter.com/travelman727
Join Date: June 2, 2006
Contributions: travelman727 has written about 260 places, shared 8,098 photos, left 34,036 comments, and smiled 39,142 times.
Travel Plans
Antarctica
dream destination
We need to put together a TravBuddy cruise to Antarctica :-D
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English (fluent), Spanish (I can get by), French & Italian (I speak enough to get into trouble), Mandarin Chinese (my pronunciation can cause an international incident :-)
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
EVERY adventure is a fantastic opportunity to foster friendships and experience new cultures, ideas & scenery :-D
Profile
Thanks to tremendous help from several pals, I had a blast attending 5 August/September 2011 TB shindigs in Paris, France; Faro, Portugal; Liverpool, UK as well as Jerusalem & Tel Aviv, Israel.

I hope to continue sharing myself & my passion for globetrotting with fun-loving, upbeat people who have "joie de vivre."

Born in Waterloo, Iowa, I'm a happy wanderer who lives in both Overland Park & Wichita, Kansas with Dorothy, Toto & tornados (The Wizard of Oz). I assist a Kansas City area church in worship music, young adults & missions. I'm also a former professional musician & often travel with my acoustic guitar.

The Firesign Theatre had an album title that sums up my philosophy: "I think we are all bozos on this bus." Growing older, I realize: 1. Life is short 2. Each of us is a bozo on this bus called life 3. Do something worthwhile & enjoy the ride!

4 of my profile pics are from TravBuddy meetups. The one as a leprechaun with Dalmia is from our 2009 KC St. Patrick's Day Party. The others are with Joan (scubagirl76), Gina (ginatxs) & Felicia (felicialouise) in San Antonio, Texas - Dec. 2008; Lili (Lilliana77) & Yadi (yadilitta) in Lima, Peru - Sep. 2008 & Ruby (2win) & Devi (Devika1985) from the 1st Amsterdam blowout - Jan. 2008.

There's also a photo with Idaly, my Bogot√° buddy, taken on Colombia's Rosario Islands.

I wish you many memorable adventures exploring our gorgeous globe & success in everything you do! As the Irish say, "May the road rise to meet you & may the wind be always at your back."

I once read that "being friends is a great place to start a relationship." I'd love the opportunity to get to know you, discover your travel interests & make a friend :-D
FurkanS says:
Hi Mark, have a nice week! I hope you can see my friedn request :)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2016
brishanalynn says:
Hello! :)

I am reaching out to folks on Travbuddy to help me continue fulfilling my dream to travel the world by contributing to my upcoming trip to Italy! I've created a Plumfund account and any amount would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!
Brishana
Posted on: Jan 13, 2016
fransglobal says:
Happy birthday, Mark! Strawberry Fields Forever!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2015

travelman727's Travel Blogs

Jan 01, 2012
Random photos from my life, adventures around our big, beautiful world not covered in my other travel blogs, some of my favorit…
Overview 609 words 271 697 1,860
This blog was featured on Thursday October 19th, 2006
Paris, France TravBuddy Meetup - August 2011
Aug 23, 2011 – Aug 25, 2011
Paris, France -› -› …
First stop of 5-city, 4-country, 2-continent TravBuddy tour. Explored the City of Light for 2 days with 15 terrific TB pals.
Overview 8,491 words 165 43 186
Dec 27, 2007 – Jun 25, 2011
KC TravBuddy fun. 6/11-Lola (itslola), Jo (jo2travel) & I enjoy KC Royals & Waldo Crawldo. 5/10-Lola & I welcome Roger (X_Drive…
Overview 19,380 words 448 107 462
This blog was featured on Tuesday July 26th, 2011

travelman727's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in World
MARK'S NIFTY NINE LISTS Everybody on TravBuddy is a travel expert; just ask any of us :-) …
This review was featured on Thursday October 19th, 2006
Average priced "General Tips & Advice" in Munich, Germany
OKTOBERFEST Oktoberfest is Munich's world-famous people fair that is held for 16-18 days fr…
Average priced "Sights & Attractions" in Marrakech, Morocco
JARDIN MAJORELLE (Majorelle Garden) There are other great TravBuddy reviews of Majorelle Ga…
This review was featured on Thursday February 10th, 2011