TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 691,098 travelers just like you!

travelfan1963
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Spambuster I

Name: Donna
Hometown: Houston, Texas, USA
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Join Date: April 20, 2009
Contributions: travelfan1963 has written about 99 places, shared 1,175 photos, left 2,534 comments, and smiled 3,230 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1. Hiking and visiting the South Island of New Zealand
The scenery was absolutely beautiful and unlike anything I have seen before. Highly recommended!

2. Another great trip was Venice, Italy. Entering the city by water taxi is an experience I will never forget. Absolutely beautiful.

3. Taking a boat trip up the Bosphorus in Istanbul to the Black Sea was an incredible journey. The palaces, buildings and city walls were spectacular.

4. Walking through Gamla Stan in Stockholm in November at night with lanterns lit and candles in the shop windows. The shadows from the candles generate a unique warmth.

Truthfully, though, anytime I travel somewhere new it's a great experience.

Profile
I'm glad to have found a site where everyone likes to travel as much as I do.

I love the following quote:

"The world is a book and he who stays at home reads only one page."

nanie05 says:
Oooppsss..i meant Tangier which was dissapointing - Fez on the other hand was lovely!!!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2017
nanie05 says:
Hello Donna!
How are you! I just got back on Travel Buddy and realise you were in Morocco alone..? Wow! I was in Marrakesh, Fez, Chefchaouen and Tangier..loved them all except Fez - to say it was dissapointing would be an understatement!!
Posted on: Jun 02, 2017
stacey72 says:
Happy birthday, Donna! :)
Posted on: May 16, 2017

travelfan1963's Travel Blogs

Unspoiled Bologna
May 12, 2012
I visited Bologna, Italy in May, 2012 which is an undiscovered Italian city. Bologna is different from most of the major touris…
Overview 3,090 words 42 15 73
Solo in Marrakech, Morocco
Nov 12, 2010
In November, 2010, I visited Marrakech as a solo female traveler. I've always wanted to see Marrakech and am really glad I went.
Overview 2,111 words 76 52 146
Paris is Magnifique
Mar 01, 2009 – Feb 28, 2010
I visited Paris, France in early March 2009 (and again in March 2010) for vacation.
Overview 1,244 words 56 39 170

travelfan1963's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
In the heart of Boston, the Public Garden is a shining jewel. Founded in 1837, this botanical g…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Hope, Alaska, USA
In the tiny town of Hope, Alaska (population less than 200) lies the Hope-Sunrise Mining Museum.…
This review was featured on Saturday August 18th, 2012
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Anchorage, Alaska, USA
In downtown Anchorage, Alaska, there's a fantastic breakfast restaurant called Snow City Cafe. …