An Introduction

Lingfield Travel Blog

I've been desperate to go back-packing as far back as I can remember. Although I love home, and my friends and family mean the world to me, I've always felt that just being here was never enough for me.

So now at 23 I'm embarking on my first adventure. Truth be told at this moment in time I'm as apprehensive as excited (especially as I'm travelling alone).

I'm expecting my trip to be mostly about the people I meet, but I'm also looking to open myself up to different experiences and cultures. I'm quite a philosophical and spiritual person, so I guess in a sense I'm looking to learn about myself and the world we live in.

A lot about the capitalist society I live in really upsets me • I think this trip will help me confirm what I already believe, but may also highlight the benefits, or maybe not!

I’m a also fun loving person who doesn’t take (or at least tries not to) take myself too seriously, so I'm hoping there'll be plenty of partying along the way!

My planed route is as follows:

India, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Australia, N/Z, Fiji, USA.

My flights are set in stone, but the dates changeable, so I’m leaving it open as to how long I’ll spend in each place and there’s a possibility that I may divert from that route a little, depending where it takes me.

I’m hoping to meet a few friends along the way, some who are living in other countries, others who I hope to do some travelling with. Also hoping to make a few • otherwise it could be a very lonely year! That said though I’d like to think I’m very open minded & easy to get on with, so it should be too much of a problem.

There’s a week to go and the preparations are in full swing. So the adventure begins…

Peace & Love