Arizona + California

Phoenix Travel Blog

After many delays in the airline, of course, we finally made it to Phoenix by 3pm on June 4th.  Just relaxed the first day to get used to the "dry heat", not usually found in Minnesota, and got our car rental.  The next day we headed down to Nogales, Mexico.  Spent about 3 hours there looking at stuff to buy.  I mainly just wanted to practice my Spanish, but all of the vendors prefered to speak english anyway when I was bargaining.  Well, we headed out to California the same day and got there around 4am.  Slept a little until 6am and then continued the drive to our destination YOSEMITE!! Started our hike there about 4pm, but I don't remember the trail name.  Camped for the night in the wilderness and got up early the next morning and started back down.  Next stop Mariposa Grove to see the giant Sequoias. They were amazing! A very beautiful hike around the outer loop, and lots of pictures! We drove a few more miles to Mammoth Lakes where my cousin works on trails.  He took us on a hike around there to Devil's Postpile monument.  That was really cool with waterfalls on the way, and we were the only ones on the trail except for one other person.  Spent the night in a campground in town.
412 km (256 miles) traveled