City Center today ladies and gentlemen!

Cape Town Travel Blog

I'm sitting at my cafe again - here in the city centre. It’s all rainy today and the sun has just poked out between the tall buildings. I got up early for the first time since I came because I had such a satisfying and early night last night. A bunch of people at the hostel went out and a couple of us found the best seafood restaurant in Cape Town...good thing I wasn't wearing my flip-flops for once! This place was NICE...and really expensive (good thing I was treated by a new buddy! "Whew"). I've had some good sea food from all over the world and this was the best ever...called "Baia" on the V&A Waterfront here in town. Man! It was so good. I recommend having a Shiraz brought about 10 degrees below room temp with a prawn and Kingfisher! It was seriously the most satisfying meal of my life and food just does it for me too. So, today I'm just sightseeing around town still on a food-high from last night :)

As I already mentioned, I'm hurting today from my massage yesterday. It was one of the best I've ever had but came to near the climb of Table Mountain. So, I'm having trouble walking around town...though, nevertheless, I am walking around town today. My new friend, Lo and I are window shopping and seeing the city. Tomorrow we go on the Cape Peninsula tour to go see the Cape of Good Hope and Hout bay. I've been hearing about penguins and seals as well as fantastic views on the drive...very excited. Then we'll go to the wine country on Sunday night and I'll spend my last two nights there in stellenbosch around way too much wine :) On Monday we'll take the Stellenbosch wine tour and then I'll fly out on Tuesday afternoon for Jo'Burg. I'm really excited because my Lusaka, Zambia friends are all meeting me for dinner in Pretoria on Tuesday night! Yeah! I also have a friend from Orlando meeting me for dinner that week and I haven’t seen her in over a year...very, very stoked! Actually, Angel (from Orlando) will be the first person I've seen from home since I left in May '06. That's a hint that you all should scoot on over to Africa!

Cape Town