Relaxing day in South Beach

Miami Beach Travel Blog

Welcome to Miami Beach

Not sure what I did, but I woke up this morning with my lower back stiffing up. Might have been the seat in the car, or the bed, even though I slept good. Whatever it was, it's not going to keep me from enjoying the rest of our stay here in beautiful South Florida.

After eating breakfast here at the hotel, which was pretty much the same thing we had yesterday, we packed up a few things and drove to Miami Beach. The weather is just amazing, sunny, warm with a predicted high of 85 degrees f with a slight breeze. This should make a day at the beach perfect!

The drive didn't take long, and we soon found a parking garage. We walked about two blocks, checked out a few stores, bought beach towels for us both, then made our way to the beach. It was a bit crowded in parts, but we soon found a place to call our own with not to many people around.

Lena enjoyed lying in the sun, while I sat and watched the ocean, the many boats and the people walking the beach. I would get up and get my feet wet once in a while, but it was a bit cold to take a swim.

Around 1:00, we were both hungry and decided to walk down the street to find something to eat. We decided on a place called Kitchen. Lena saw it had 4 out of 5 star reviews, so we gave it a try. The music was loud, but Lena and I could still talk to each other as we sat outside under an awning in the shade. The waitress told us about a meal for two with seafood and steak, which sounded good to me, but we both misheard the price, which we didn't find out until the bill arrived after we ate. Let's just say that was the most expensive lunch I have ever had!!! The food was good, but it wasn't that good to justify the price.

That pretty much put me in a "I think we were just robbed" kind of mood the rest of the day.

We spent a few more hours on the beach trying to make the best of the beautiful weather and trying not to think about the money we just spent. I think it bothered me more than Lena, but either way, we enjoyed the day on the beach and we both got a little sun.

After getting back to our hotel, we showered and relaxed in our room. Surprising how tired you get just laying in the sun and walking on the beach! Lena napped for a few hours while I watched some TV. After Lena woke from her nap, around 7:00pm, we decided to walk to Romano's and pick up a small pizza and some desert. After all that food I ate for lunch, I didn't need to eat much for dinner.

The restaurant was packed!! We made our way over to the carry out counter, placed our order, and then found a place to sit near the bar and we both had a glass of wine. After finishing our wine, we picked our food and walked back to our room to enjoy a quite evening in front of the TV.

Other than the super expensive lunch, it was a great day. My back is still hurting, so I hope is isn't worst when we get up tomorrow!

sylviandavid says:
You and Lena are like David and I.... we may or may not eat out... picnics at the hotel work for us... you made this sound lovely .... We have done the "special" thing and had it be a fortune.... got hit really hard on Morano island and paid about $200 for five of us to have crappy undercooked and under sauced spaghetti.... It almost ruined my day but David was more philosophical about it... So at least your food was good.... Loved your recount of your day. sounds fun.
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012
missandrea81 says:
I'm sorry you had such expensive lunch. :( Miami is not cheap, that's for sure.
Posted on: Feb 21, 2012
Our feet in the sand
Our feet in the sand
Big drinks served at Kitchen
Big drinks served at Kitchen
Our very expensive lunch!!!
Our very expensive lunch!!!
Lena on the beach