Arriving into Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Setting off from my home in St.Helens my mother drops us off at Manchestr Air Port, from there we fly to Heathrow and from there we fly to Singapore.

I was apprehensive about Singapore, when I was younger I had a 2 day stop over at Hong Kong and I was not very keen, I did not enjoy being watched, approached by beggars, by the bugs. However I went with an open mind and I'm so glad I did.

Our hotel was a half hour drive from the airport which was no problem, this drive allowed us to see Singapore at peak time in traffic, everyone rushing around too & from work. It allowed us to see the Harboring all the Cruise ships docked, and allowed us the sights of the tallest buildings within the bank sector.

First stop in Singapore, our hotel. Park Hotel Clarke Quay. One word, Amazing! This hotel was divine, it was the most pleasurable experience hoteling I have ever done. After all the flights we just wanted to get into the hotel go to our room have a shower and a cat nap. The staff that greeted us had warm smiles & friendly faces that put you at ease. Our checking in was quick and simple and we had had a shower and a cat nap in no time.  Though it was ment to be an hour cat nap, it turned into 3. The bed was so comfy and even though our room had balcony windows onto the street - there was no noise to be heard. While getting ready we had the TV on and all channels had the option of being English Audio.

The hotel was also located near 2 shopping mall's situated on the other side of the street. Perfect to get any bits & bobs. The hotel room had a fridge in & tea & coffe making facilities so it was helpful to have the fridge, we got milk from the mall for my tea and juice for Steven as he has an irrational hatred for hot drinks (Weird Man).  On the other street near by was a variety of restraunts serving a variety of wordly foods. Again not only 5 minuites walk away one could be in the centre of Singapore by the local shops etc. The hotel was situated in a brilliant area for us.

I loved Singapore, we went on one day trip that gave us the highlights of the area, its people and culture. Within our own personal time we ventured around the shops etc. I admit I have fallen in love with Singapore, just everything about it was such a great experiance.

Singapore Hotels & Accommodations review
The best hotel experience ever. You are greeted at the entrance by warm welcoming staff.. Your bags are taken and are in your room on your arrival! … read entire review
Singapore Hotels & Accommodations review
Affordable Luxury
Park Hotel Clarke Quay This hotel was the most pleasurable experiance of hoteling I have ever done. You are greeted at the entrance by warm wel… read entire review
Singapore