Day one of Revelstoke Adventure

Revelstoke Travel Blog

Day 1 of Revelstoke Adventure

Feb 2nd 2012

Day 1 of Revelstoke Adventure

Leave thunder bay and take Air Canada jazz to get to Kamloops. Had to transfer flights in Edmonton for abit before flying to Kamloops. On arrivinal into Edmonton I made a mistake and instead of going to my next gate I exited the terminal and had to go into security again.

So I figured I have 2 hours so I can afford to kill the time. I get to the line. And its a big line that is going slow. So I became worried. Then this security guy tags me out of the line for secondary check. Then I had to get my hands screened for explosives. Then onto that I had to stand in the big xray machine again.

All well.

Once back into the departure lounge I went for a sandwich.

Finally get my flight and take the next Air Canada flight landing in Kamloops.

On arrival into Kamloops. Get a little scare. My bag does not arrive on the bag line. So I wait and I finally go to the counter to ask about my bag. After a few minutes my bag showed up finally. All well, close call.

Go to Budget rent a car and get my car that was reserved. It is just a economy car. More of a kia Rio, but it is transportation.

Here in Kamloops I have lots of time before getting to REvelstoke so I stop at a grocery story of Coopers,  a chain that is popular in BC.

Get some fruit and stuff. Also sign up for a discount card as well to save some $$$. Then off to the liquer store to buy some beer for the room

Finally back to the car and head out of Kamloops, I stop on the way drive thru of A and W for a Teen buger and a root beer and fries.

in around kamloops
I do not eat Fast food much, but that went down really really well. Then back on route on HWY 1 to get to Revelstoke. Different route this year as I am driving from Kamloops. Some good scenic things on way to Revelstoke.

Listen to some old CDs I have of Crash Test Dummies on route.

Get into Revelstoke and check into same motel as last 2 years. The Swiss Chalet Motel and even get the same room. Room 106. A good mixture.

Then off to pick up my ski rental from Revelstoke Powder Rentals. From same guy named Arron as last 2 times. And get same skis as before.

Then back to Room and have some baloney sandwichs for a quick dinner as its been a long day and have not had good sleep in a long time. So go for a sleep tonight and wake up for a good ski in morning.

Onward to next blogs.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

FoxyFauz says:
Congrats on today's featured blog!!
Africancrab says:
Congratulations!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured blog JR! have a great weekend:)
in around Kamloops
in around Kamloops
rental car
Coopers food, supermarket in kamlo…
Coopers food, supermarket in kaml…
Coopers food, supermarket in kamlo…
Coopers food, supermarket in kaml…
in kamloops
found in the fridge
found in the fridge
Revelstoke Hotels & Accommodations review
Good Budget Accommodation in Revelstoke
A good budget place to stay in Revelstoke BC. This would be my third time to Revelstoke and i stayed at this nice motel once again. Had the exac… read entire review
Revelstoke Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A good spot for a Coffee during a good ski
La Baguette is a good coffee place located in Revelstoke. They have 3 locations in Revelstoke. I visited their new location that is located at the … read entire review
Revelstoke