Awesome Australia!

Surfers Paradise Travel Blog

Started off in Surfers paradise, and was initially going to stay for the duration of my trip....but things change! :-) Had an awesome week the staying at Sleeping Inn Backpackers. SO many things to do and organised nights out, made a heap of friends.  The best start to my trip ever!

But decided to move onto Melbourne...I love Melbz! Met up with a friend and decided to flunk on backpacking for a few days and we checked into the Sleep&Go in Bell City....actually it was "Hicksville" but the hotel was fab :-) Couple of days at the Tennis...brilliant, the atmosphere was electric. And the delights Melbz has to offer...sooo many! bestctoria have to go it's amazing, Treasury square on Australia Day the best! The southbank has a lot to offer and many places to eat.

Moved on to Sydney which was fantastic as the were celebrating the Chinese New Year, the biggest celebration outside of Asia. The harbour and Opera house are a must see, but the markets and street entertainers kinda made it for me.

Moved on to Brisbane, and had my own personal guide, who knew all those out of the way places to go to, but the "Beach" in the middle of the city was great, as was the foodhall in the Myer center. The gardens and rain forest walk were lovely in the heat. Initially I stayed at the YHA, but found the people I was staying with really didn't want to socialise, so checked into a hotel...the best move, hotel was fantastic for the price (£150 per night) and the people we met were far more friendly than the backpackers.

Had an absolutely awsesome time in Oz and i'm already planning my return trip.

Stopped over in Korea for a couple of days too, nice but cold! If you go there stay at the Hyatt Regency!