Day 5: Back to Hatyai

Hat Yai Travel Blog

 › entry 6 of 6 › view all entries

We had to get up very early at 5.30am to pack and check out as the private van was gonna pick us up at 6.30am to Hatyai. We reached Hatyai at 11.30am and we had lunch at KFC in Robinsons since it was near the train station. Our train departs at 4.20pm so we had quite awhile to wait. 

At 4.05pm, we decided to go earlier but found out that OUR TRAIN HAD LEFT FOR KL ALREADY!!!!!! LIKE WTF?!!! We were shocked and we quickly asked around for a taxi to drive us to Padang Besar so that we(hopefully) could board the train. The taxi driver asked for rm140 for 3 people and we were shocked! We didn't have that much money with us!! After forking out whatever money we had, we paid rm120 for the ride! He said that the journey there normally took 90 mins but i asked him if we could reach there in 60mins. After some really illigal driving, we reached Padang Besar but he didn't know the exact location of the train station! He just stopped us at some railway tracks and asked us to run to the station ahead! So we just ran and ran along the railway tracks(OMG DID U KNOW THAT THOSE PEBBLES ON THE RAILWAY ARE FREAKING HARD TO RUN ON?!!!) and FINALLYY we reached the station and saw our train on the tracks!

We wanted to just board the train but the person in charge said that we had to chop our passports with the customs otherwise they wouldn't board us! and we only had 5 minutes left before the train departed! We quickly got our passports chopped with the Thailand customs but apparently the person in charge of the Malaysian customs has gone back!! SO WE WERE LIKE FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i pleaded with them to let us on the train but they refused and asked us to go and get our chops with the office nearby(10 minutes walking distance =.=) and to take a bus back from Kangar!! I WAS LIKE, FUCK!!!!!!NO WAYYYYYYY!! I HAVE NO MORE MONEY FOR A NIGHT IN A HOTEL AND BUS FARES ALREADY!!! we almost lost all of our hopes when someone said we could get our chops from some Malaysian official! I WAS LIKE WTFFF YOU JUST THOUGHT OF IT NOW?!!! we ran like our lives depended on it (since the train was going any second now) and rushed back to the terminal AND WE ACTUALLY MANAGED TO BOARD THE FREAKING TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the adrenaline wore off, i fell asleep on the train until we arrived at KL at 6am the next day.

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Hat Yai
photo by: machupicchu26