Our last real driving day: Bozeman, MT to Ritzville, WA

Bozeman Travel Blog

sleepy Matt
This was our last real day of doing nothing but driving. We left Bozeman and drove through the rest of Montana, stopping for lunch in Missoula. We drove through Idaho and were hindered by a lot of road construction, but made it to Washington by nightfall. We stopped in Spokane for dinner and ate in a nice restaurant. Auni was thrilled to be back in her home state of Washington, but not so happy to be in eastern Washington. The next day was Matt's birthday, so Auni and I made an elaborate plan to get him a cake. We made an excuse to go to a market and I distracted Matt while Auni found a cake. She didn't find a cake, however, and we were stuck giving Matt a cookie that was decorated like a pig. We got to our motel in Ritzville and watched Almost Famous. We aren't the most exciting kids in the world.
missbarnhart says:
I can't believe you didn't visit Glacier National Park while you were in this part of the country! We're only 150 miles north of Missoula, and can get to/from Spokane via Hwy. 93 and Hwy. 2. If you're planning a trip back across the country, you HAVE to visit. People from all over the world "Oooh" and "Aaah" over the beauty of this area. Check it out next time you're close!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007