Trousers Point walk

Flinders Island Travel Blog

Spiny Anteaters (echidnas)

We woke up late and when Charlie needed to take a shower, the hot water did not work. We called the owner of this unit; Shane and he came by and fixed it. As I was making breakfast when he came, I offered him some eggs and coffee. We have a great chat over breakfast and readied for the day!

As there is only one restaurant in Lady Barron where we were staying, we made our lunch in the self-contained unit.

After a satisfactory lunch, we went back to the Trousers Point walk. It was very windy and we got cold while walking along the beach! Although it was an easy walk, but it still took us about one hour and forty five minutes to complete the loop as we stopped a few times to admire the beach and unique plants (I don't know their names) plus some picture snapping time :)  Toward to the end of the walk, we came to a road that lead us back to the car park. It was nice to be out of the uneven track and be out of the strong wind! Along the road, we saw two wallabies hopping across the road in front of us (it was too late when I took my camera out) and later, two Spiny Anteaters (echidnas)! This time, I managed to take some pictures and even made a video of that little cutie!

We also saw a huge bird named Black Currawong that made an annoying sound when it resting on a dead branch.

While driving back, we saw a wombat! I was trying to take a video or picture of it but it ran off quickly when I got out of the car!

It was a fun day

Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured today, Vanessa! Nicely done!
Posted on: Feb 09, 2012