Castle Rock Walk

Flinders Island Travel Blog

Our self-contained unit came with a washing machine, after breakfast, we did a load of laundry and hung them at the clothesline outside. Our clothes smell so good after we dried them in the sun.

We went to the Whitemark for lunch and continued our journey to Castle Rock Trail- also one of the Tasmania's 60 great short walks. This time, we knew we should turn off the road when the sign said "Allports Beach" continued driving for 2km, we saw the sign of " Castle Rock Trail and Car Parks". We parked our car there (which was the only car there) and started our walk.

The first sight was the gorgeous beach with orange-colored boulders. We had to climb through some rocks, walked across the beach side and up to the hill. We came to another beach (I guess) The Marshall Beach and we also had to walk across the beach to get to the other end and later we walked through some bushes and woods.

Then we came to a junction where indicated we could walk either to the left side towards the beach and the right side towards the woods.  We picked the right trail where we saw a big snake slithered across the road in front of us. We continued walking on the more even road that later lead us back to the car park.

It was a harder walked then the Trousers Point because there were some elevation up and down plus the weather was a little warmer.  The walk took about an hour. If we picked the left trail, it would have been taking us two and a half hour.

We drove back to Whitemark to enjoy a nice cup of Cappuccino with a slice of Apple Date crumble and a slice if Orange Poppy Cake. They were awesome! We spent some times just sitting by the one and only cafe watching people passing by. What a relaxing evening. While walking back to our car though, I dropped my IPod Touch and broke the digitalize glass! My mood went down hill...

It took about twenty minutes to drive back to Lady Barron. We started to pack as our flight leave at 10am the next day. We then took a really nice nap before I started making dinner for us.

Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
yes, we were the only two there. We had the beach to ourselves!
Posted on: Feb 08, 2012
joehobo says:
Looks lonely but I am sure it must have peaceful quite and serene.
Posted on: Feb 08, 2012