Sydney - Day 3

Sydney Travel Blog

Palm Beach

Woke up in the morning and had breakfast at a spot right on Dewey Beach where Josh and Anna live. Today was going to be a pretty laid back day, so after breakfast we drove up the coast just outside of Sydney to Palm Beach. Palm beach was amazing, beautiful, and is where alot of the rich and famous go. And it also seemed less hectic and crowded as some of the other beaches in Sydney....even Manly Beach. This location is where they film an Australian Soap called "Home & Away". Lots of water sport activities there, and quite a lot of Kite surfers. That day there were actually a lot of Bluebottle Jellffish that had washed up on the shore. They were blue and had little air sacs on top.

Australian Coast
When we walked up and down the beach I stepped on a couple and heard the popping sound beneath my foot. Fortunately I was not really stung. We were also very wary of the box jellyfish which later in our Australia trip we had to take certain precautions because of them as I will mention later. Had a very chill day at the beach and pretty much just laid out and swam in the water most of the day. Later in the afternoon we decided that we had enough sun. Karli and I were pretty red at this point from the past few days on the beaches, and when Karli got burnt on the first day on Manly Beach. So we drove to Palm Beach Harbour and stopped at one of the boating marinas and had a few brews! Australia had fantastic beer!!! And no I'm not talking about Fosters...haha. In fact the places we visited I dont even think sold Fosters.
Sushi Dinner!
The beer we had this day was Coopers Beer, and it went down so nice and cold....and so tasty. Coopers has a big variety of Pale Ales and Sparkling ales, and they are also the world's largest producer of homebrewing equipment of all things...haha. Anyway we were in an amazing setting...sitting at a marina, on the harbour, drinking Coopers, as the sun was getting lower in the sky. We felt like we were a million miles away from everything, on the other side of the world...and loving it! As the sun was starting to set, we decided to head back into Sydney. Got back to the Condo and actually took a short nap before getting cleaned up and heading out to Dinner. Went into downtown Sydney and had a delicious sushi dinner at tower restaurant with the best view of Sydney that money could buy! This was our last evening in Sydney as we had alot more of this amazing country to see! What a city this was....Sydney was very special to us and we will never forget our time here. We are 100% sure that we will be back and will stay longer. Cheers Sydney!

Sydney