Singapore - Day 2

Singapore Travel Blog

Orchard Road!

The Next day after breakfast we set out to do a little more sightseeing. We headed to "Little India" and "Arab Street" and man oh man talk about a blast to our senses! The sights, the smells, the sounds and music, the hustle and bustle of the traders...seemed to be craziness! But I was in my element and love this type of thing, Karli on the other hand was getting a little overwhelmed. But we took it all in! Little India is an ethnic neighbourhood that has Tamil cultural elements and aspects of other cultures. Little India lies to east of the Singapore River—across from Chinatown, located west of the river—and north of Kampong Glam. Both areas are part of the urban planning area of Rochor.

Asian architecture
Little India is more commonly known as Tekka in the local Tamil community. I loved walking through all the shops and markets, with all the colors and baskets of spices I really felt like I was in India...even though I have not made it to India yet. We then wandered down Arab street, with more craziness and hustle & Bustle! Arab Street was where Singapore's Arab traders settled in the founding days of the colony. Now days it is a slice of modern Singapore at its most hyperactive...hundreds upon hundreds of shops and restaurants, several attractive promenades and a bazaar selling the cheapest T-shirts in town.

More sightseeing, walking around and down Orchard road which is the retail and entertainment hub of the city. Very nice, clean, tree lined streets with a mall literally on every corner. Had lunch inside one of the malls at a little hole in the wall asian place (obviously), so many places to choose from to have a meal...and fantastic Food!

What a great and beautiful city this was. We felt very safe walking around with our maps late at night...looking like tourists...haha. And the city was very clean which I believe is due to their pretty strict laws they have in place. We wished we had longer, but I know we will be back. Now, its time to get on our flight tonight to the Land Down Under...OZ!

Asian architecture
Huge posh hotel on the water, we w…
Huge posh hotel on the water, we …
Tiger BEER!
Tiger BEER!
Hooters!  LOL
Hooters! LOL
Laser show at the fountain.
Laser show at the fountain.
Laser show