Still not quite done workin'

San Diego Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 6 › view all entries

I woke up ealry (as I tend to do for work) and got all my stuff packed up. I then went off to the client's prem, where I gave them a half day training session on trhe product before rushing back to the hotel to check out. I returned to the bus stop in time to catch a bus and headed back towards San Diego.

This time, instead of going all the way back downtown, I got off at the Fashion Valley Mall. As the name suggests, it is a North American cultural heritage center. ;) From there I walked to my hotel where I checked in and took a quick shower. I then headed back out to a restaurant that I saw along the way.

As I stepped outside after dinner, rain started to come down in large in frequent drips. I could see from the dark and forboding approaching clouds that that was about so change. I took a quick look at the weather outlook, which called for rain for the next 24+ hours.

Fiddlesticks. I did't bring a raincoat.

I decided to head over to the mall where I found a cheap mostly waterproof jacket and then proceeded to watch people run around shopping in the rain for a bit. I also took the time to check out the light rail station and figure out what the schedule was like. After that I headed back to the hotel. It was still pretty early, but the three hour bus ride and the crummy weather took their toll and I hit the sack. All the better for extra energy the next day.

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
San Diego Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Unexpected delicious treat
I passed this place and originally thought it was an Irish pub (with a name like Kelly's, what else could it be) and figured on having a boxty and som… read entire review
San Diego Hotels & Accommodations review
It works
The first thing i thought when I walked in the door of the room was 'Grandma?' It wasn't that the room looked old, but it seemed old. The furniture lo… read entire review
San Diego
photo by: Sunflower300