the sun is shining down on me...

Toronto Travel Blog

Toronto from the Islands
It's amazing what a little sunshine and fresh air will do... actually that's a ridiculous statement, considering it has been beautifully sunny my whole time in Toronto & I've spent most of it wandering out of doors.

But today I wandered the waterfront & visited the Toronto Islands, and there really is nothing like water and sand to lift my mood.  I could never live somewhere that wasn't close to a large body of water.

I started out at the Toronto Music Garden - a public garden by the waterfront that has different "movements" you can walk through - it was quite pretty & enjoyable.  Then I strolled along the waterfront, watching Torontonians & tourists go about their long-weekend activities, and came across Greenpeace giving tours of one of their ships, the Arctic Sunrise.
ohhhh sunshine
  So I went on a tour, and it was very interesting to learn about how & why they use their boats.

Eventually my wanderings led me to the ferry terminal, where the line was ridiculously long (I hadn't really thought about the fact that it was a long weekend etc) but it moved fairly quickly & within about 45 mins I was on the Toronto Islands.  They're only 10 mins away from the mainland, but so fabulously different, with no traffic, except for a plethora of bicycles.

I walked all over & around, along boardwalks & on the sand & in the water & across the grass.  AND I spent the entire day in the sun (yes mum, I wore a hat & sunscreen) with nothing more happening to my skin than some definition to my watch tan!  Ahhhh what a difference no hole in the ozone layer makes.

So it was just a soul-soothing day, and now it's time to move on to Montreal...
Toronto