relax, recuperate, rejuvenate...

Burlington Travel Blog

After nine weeks living in a tent (well actually 4 in a shack, 5 in a tent) and working & playing pretty hard, it was time to just completely collapse for a day or two.  I'm staying with Cyndy & Bruce (& Tony the dog) in Burlington - Cyndy worked in the office @ camp.  It has been so fabulous just to do nothing for a few days, to have a proper shower, to sleep in, to go out and drink coffee, etc etc.

Maria, a friend from camp, was also in town for a day or two, so we hung out a little - drove around rural Vermont a bit, went to the Ben & Jerry's factory! (didn't go on the tour, but it was just exciting to be there - we all know how much I love ice-cream!)  I also caught up with Steph, who lived in Tas for a while a couple of years ago - we just wandered around & drank coffee & ate ice-cream & did a little shopping, it was fun!

The only downer being that my camera stopped functioning towards the end of camp, which was very upsetting, and I took it in to see if it might be fixable... they said that it probably was, but it would be a week before they could do a proper analysis, and then 4-5 weeks before they'd get to fixing it, plus the brand I have isn't actually sold in the USA anymore so they may have problems if they needed to get parts.  Sooooo frustrating!!  So I started looking around for a new camera, which really just depressed me a lot, because none of them were as good as my old one, and it's money I don't want to spend.  Eventually I decided on one... and they didn't actually have any in stock.  Aarrggghh!

Anyway, it's time for moving on to Canada now, which is exciting/scary (and hopefully they'll have better camera stores).
photo by: smhirsch