don't dream it's over...

Fairlee Travel Blog

Aloha!
...but it is.  Wow.  How did that happen?

The second half of the summer really did just disappear...
  • We had glorious weather most of the time, which was a nice change from all the rain first half.
  • I moved into a tent (yay!  I much prefer tents to the shacks) and had just two campers, and it was a really nice little tent family.
  • As always Arts & Crafts was super busy for the last couple of weeks - doing nameboards & banquet books & pins & banquet decorations... But our club apprentices were awesome help & the banquet looked just magical, so all the hard work paid off.
  • The last week of camp was very emotional, as it was a long farewell to Nancy.  We had a very emotional Ohana Sunday service, and then puzzle piece night on Winships, and then Banquet was a bit of a tear-jerker, and then Candlelight and Nancy's final 'Aloha Oe'... I think it still hasn't really sunk in.
  • It was tough saying goodbye to everyone, of course, AND it wasn't quite as bad as last year because I think I knew what to expect & having come back once, it's easier to look forward to the possibility of coming back again... someday.

A.R.T.