as camp flies by...
Fairlee Travel Blog› entry 2 of 21 › view all entries
July 22nd, 2007 – by: erinontour
It's Show Weekend already, which means that the first half of the summer has just whizzed by in a flash. We keep saying it over and over again, but really it seems like this summer is just going ridiculously fast.
It has been awesome to be back, and in many ways it is so much the same as last year, and it's also very different. The group of counselors this year is just fantastic - all but 2 are returning to Aloha, so basically everyone is really comfortable here; and at the same time, a lot of people haven't been back for the last few years, so there's still a fresh attitude around.
So highlights of first half...
- I was in a shack this half (there are about 10 tents & 1 shack in each unit - lucky me) sharing a 'tent' family with Tanya from Russia (who has previously worked in the kitchen). We had four girls 13-14yo, and we had some interesting moments & a quite a bit of fun.
- We had a lot of 4th July fun - watching the local town parade, getting rained on whilst playing carnival games at Lanakila, fireworks, and of course the impressive bonfire.
- The final Nancy's Nightmare was a lot of fun too - all the rules go out the window and it's a day of silly activities and ice-cream & soda and good old-fashioned chaos!
- It was really great to hang out with all the counselors who I got to know last year, and all the ones I've met this year too. There was always a really good vibe and we just had a lot of fun!
- It was also really cool to know a lot of the campers & to see some of my campers from this year come back. It's a nice warm-fuzzy feeling when they're really excited to see you too!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!