Je ne parle pas Français (ou, je parle un petit peu Français...)

Montreal Travel Blog

This has pretty much been the only French I've spoken whilst in Montréal - apart from numerous "bonjour" et "merci".  Well basically everyone speaks perfect English as soon as they perceive you don't really understand.

I've had two more days of glorious weather in Montréal - today, in fact, was rather too warm & humid for my liking, but I shan't complain.

Yesterday I explored the Plateau du Mont Royal area - some very nice shops and park areas.  I also dropped into the Marche Atwater - a food market, where all the fresh fruit & veg was so beautifully presented.  Next I visited the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Montréal, which had some really good exhibitions, and on my way home I popped into the Centre Canadien d'Architecture, which was interesting but I didn't stay long as I was pretty tired.

Today, in the heat, I popped around the corner from my hostel to Pointe-à-Callière Musée d'archelogie et d'histoire de Montréal - a museum that came personally recommended to me, and was quite fascinating.  It's built on one of the very original parts of Montréal, and the exhibition/tour actually goes down into the archeological site & you can see parts of the various different buildings that have been built there over the last 400+ years.

In the afternoon I headed over to Parc Jean-Drapeau - an island park that would have been quite tranquil had they not been setting up for a big music festival this weekend and blasting music and sound-checks that could be heard from a long way away.  Also the warm weather was a bit energy-zapping, but it was all very pretty.

Tomorrow morning I meet up with my friend Maria from camp & we start our adventure off towards the land of Green Gables...
photo by: cvanzoen