Goodbye rain, hello sun

Havana Travel Blog

On the road to Havana

After an eight hour flight, I had a safe landing at Varadero airport. It wasn't that bad, since I decided to splurge myself on flying comfort class - soooo worth the money, extra space and extra luggage -. At the airport we were met by our tour guide Magdiel, a very nice Cuban guy, who spoke excellent Dutch - which he learned in only six weeks! - and we got the change to exchange our euro's into CUC's.

Then the 2 hour drive to Havana started, but it didn't bore me at all: the scenery was amazing and the stop to get our first Pina Colada was a blast; the tour group was immediatly chatting - okay except 2 older peolple, but hey, you always get the odd ones out - and enjoying the rum and coconut.

In Havana we checked into our hotel, which was a very nice surprise for me: expecting small rooms, being a single traveller, I got a nice spacious room - as everywhere during the tour-.

After dinner we had our first bar night - the first of many.... - and a good night sleep.

Roger123 says:
Great feature Anita. La Havana is a really nice place to be.Have you visited Trinidad? Cuba is one of the greatest places to travel with all the lovely beaches. GoCubans Now
Posted on: Jul 05, 2012
monky says:
Congrats on this featured Cuba blog Anita! I have just been to La Havana but obviously there are much more to see around than the capital, good blog:D
Posted on: Jan 31, 2012
silirat says:
Congrats on the feature! I have to get to Cuba one of these days...
Posted on: Jan 31, 2012
Pina Colada
Pina Colada
The road to Havana
The road to Havana
Havana Hotels & Accommodations review
just relax
The hotel room was spacious: a nice bed, seating area with couch, chair and coffee table, desk, safe, large closet. The bathroom was equiped with a b… read entire review
Havana