Celebrating Our 4th Year

Manila Bay Area Travel Blog

Manila Bay

Manila Bay.. Famous for its Sunset.. Agree??!

I've seen the sunset several times but never this close. Speechless..

Going on a Dinner Cruise wasn't my original plan to celebrate our 4th year anniversary but due to my inability to file for a good 2-3 days leave considering our anniversary fell on a weekday (January 11), I ended up going anyway. Slots for the 11th was even full so I had no choice but to take the 12th.

Few days before the day, I wasn't sure still on what to do for  the 1 day leave I took. Lucky enough, my friend suggested to try the famous dinner cruise. For me it's not really the dinner that matters but the experience so I took the chance of calling Prestige Cruises but was not lucky to get a slot. I called the other operator, Sun Cruises, to check their availability.

It was on first come first served basis since online reservation for the day is over. My girlfriend don't have a single idea of what my plan is. I was asking her on what to do on that day but couldn't think of any so I offered to just have an early dinner. We rode a cab going to Sun Cruises Docking Area right behind the Folk Arts Theater. I was clueless on where to go upon reaching the place and took the chance of booking a dinner cruise reservation for 2 in time for the sunset.

Luck is on my side, Yes they still have slots for the 430 ride. It's a 1 hour 45 minute ride cruising manila bay while enjoying a simple dinner. The weather was perfect! Clear blue skies, Calm Waters and Cool Breeze.

I never realized it would be such an experience. Seeing the sun slowly going down the horizon was marvelous.. The mixture of colors in sky as it slowly changes from to blue to violet to orange then red. Wow!!!

This is the first time I saw Manila Bay from the boat's point of view. Not bad! It looks amazingly great! We even saw the whole stretch of Mall of Asia.. The cool breeze adds to a more relaxed feeling while on board..

This is definitely a must try for everyone. Costs about 550/pax and you have to pay extra for the drinks.

Contact Info: (For reservations or schedules)

Sun Cruises: 02-8346858, 02-8346857 or 02-5275555

Prestige Cruises: 0917-5255455 or 0927-5555502

emhergarcia says:
hehe.. Thanks!
Posted on: Feb 20, 2012
rheagirl says:
naka naks! ang sweet naman eh! :D
Posted on: Feb 06, 2012