The car ride

Ontario Travel Blog

We started out at 8:15 with my three pals coming to pick me up from my house. Incredibly they were on time. Yet we dallied to much at my house and I got the call from friend number 4 saying she was at the airport already. Oops!
We race to the airport to pick up Chris, my girl from Norcal. Then we're on the road. Its about a 2 hour trip from the Ontario Airport to San Diego and we start it off we music and giggles. I got to sit in the backseat in the middle no less. Well I knew everyone there so I guess it worked.
We stopped off at a 7 Eleven first and Chris got a burrito and I got a tall can of Bud Light!
The next stop was made in Escondito as Erin had to pee, Chris suggested a Jack in the Box and she got more food there while I sat picking knots out of Erin's hair as the people in the restaurant looked at us like we were morons.
We keep driving and arrive in SD at about 11. We met up with my friend Su and Mike and Rachel and about 20 people they knew. We dropped off the car at the house and walked down the street to Ranchito, a little dive bar where it was empty before our arrival and packed after it. We proceeded to get slightly stupid and then trotted back to the house. The party continued there for hours and soon we were each dropping like flie. Erin and I found a circular rug that became our mattress in the living room and we slept and sobered up.
southafricangirl says:
wow, sounds like you all had a great time.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007