T-Minus 20 Hours To Go

Dubuque Travel Blog

So I'm leaving in less than 20 hours and I still haven't packed. But no worries, I work better under pressure.

The past couple weeks have been filled with more anxiety and nerves than excitement. It seemed like such a grand adventure, but now that its actually time to go, I'm like what was I thinking?!? But now as I'm sitting here, the excitement's hitting me again. There are so many things I am looking forward to; working with the children, seeing the amazing and exotic sights like the Taj Mahal and Ranthambore National Park, and of course, the food.

We've all seen those comercials asking for your money to support children in 3rd world countries.  And yes, I was one of those children who needed your $0.80 a day. For me, that money went toward Brownie; my stuffed dog and lifelong companion. He's like my version of a blankie, he sleeps in my bed and travels almost everywhere with me.  I brought him with me when I came from India and I'm bringing him with me when I go back.

Thanks to everyone who came to my going away party! It was the perfect last weekend! Special thanks to all my roommates and my little sis, who made my weekend that much greater!

If you want to get ahold of me while I'm gone, my email is evenellen@gmail.com, my Skype name is ellen.even, and of course I have Facebook. Please, please, please keep in touch!

Thank you for your love and support!

मैं तुम्हें याद होगा (I will miss you!)

Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2012