Arrival

Atlantic Beach Travel Blog

I don't know why I decide to leave on trips after work. I am usually tired and in a foul mood. Sitting on a crowded place is not going to help my mood. Tonight was no exception. I was rushed to get to the airport, so I did not have time for dinner before the flight. I hoped that there would be time to eat once I got to Atlanta.

The flight to Atlanta was packed. I was uncomfortable the entire flight -- and, since it was packed, service was nonexistent. The flight attendants did not even make it through the entire plane with service.

Sadly, once I arrived in Atlanta I discovered that my flight  into Jacksonville was multiple terminals away from where we landed. I barely had time to make my gate, much less eat. I grabbed a bag of nuts in a shop -- some dinner.

We finally landed in Jacksonville around 11:30. I was tired . . . and hungry. I grabbed my rental car and made the drive to Atlantic beach, where I am staying. Fortunately, I got a GPS unit with the rental car. I never would have found the hotel without it. My hotel, The Palms Retro, is off the major road by a half block. Parking is very imited . . . and the lock the gates to the place at 11:00 PM. I felt bad having to call someone at 1:00 AM, but I wanted my room. I was tired . . . and hungry . . . and cold (my dreams of warm were disspelled by the 31 degree temperature). Making that call was not that hard, come to think of it.

Atlantic Beach Hotels & Accommodations review
The Palms Retro is not a great hotel. It is, however, a fun hotel, located just a block away from the Beaches Town Center, a new urbanist development … read entire review
Atlantic Beach