You Better Belize It!! Day Two

Ambergris Caye Travel Blog

I was so excited to have my first full day in Belize, that I woke up at 6am and watched the sunrise from out of the water. It was the most beautiful sunrise I’d ever seen. This day was our day to relax and take in the sand, the water, the sun, and the city.

Being the health nut I am, the first thing we did was a workout by the water. I played drill sergeant of course, but I knew with all the water we’ll be splashing around in, we had to make sure we were bathing suit ready.

So as I mentioned on Day One, Golf Carts is the way to get around. They dropped one off for us at the villa and we were off to breakfast at Mr. Joe’s. I needed a Mimosa but this wasn’t something they were familiar with. Without champagne, I had them craft one from Orange Juice, Pinot Grigio, and club soda.

After this, we headed to town to drive around and see where all the action happens. We also wanted to stock up on snacks for the place. Our guy Josh from Joe’s warned us not to go to the Lebanese owned markets. They own the big supermarkets on the island but everything is triple the price. We brushed it off…until we got there and saw a bag of chips cost $6 US. So we left and hit the local fruit stands and small Belizean family owned markets.

Now it was time to head back to the Villa with our snacks. We made  some fresh drinks to go with them and we hit the pool and the dock to get in some sun and some rest. Just looking out into the middle of the water was absolutely serene. It was peaceful, quiet, and was great for mental clarity.

For Dinner, we bought some Jerk Chicken that we saw being cooked by our new friend Robin, from his tiny restaurant off the side of the main road.

It looked amazing so we figured we give it a taste. We did more than give it a taste though, we inhaled and we devoured.

After dinner, we headed back downtown to hit one of their hot nightclubs Jaguars. We were told they call it ‘Fag’uars because it attracts a lot of gay guys. We saw a couple but not many. The music was a bit weird for us. They mixed Top 40 with Reggaeton, then jumped into Spanish rock, then played Montel Jordan’s “This Is How We Do It.” The music was all over the place, but the rum punch was on point. The spot across the road Daddy Rock was live but that was the place the skanky hoes went…you could just see it. So guys, now you know where to pick up a Belizean girl if you’re ever in Ambergris Caye.

And that was the end of Day 2.

Jerk Chicken from Robins Kitchen.
Jerk Chicken from Robin's Kitchen.
Robin of Robins Kitchen