You Better Belize It!! Day Four

Ambergris Caye Travel Blog

Watermelon Juice

So we had initially planned to go out to sea again, do some more snorkeling, then have a beach BBQ with live catch. But we woke up to our first rainy day in Belize. Going out there in the feisty waters seemed unlikely so we had to change plans.

We showered up and headed out for breakfast. It was my turn to drive the golf cart. Now if anyone has ever driven with me…you’ll know why this could be a dangerous experience. I can sober up any drunk person when I’m behind the wheel. We headed down into the city for breakfast this time instead of hitting Joe’s. There are bumps and dips throughout the roads to slow down drivers since these carts can reach some serious speeds if they’re adjusted right. I tried to pay attention to them as much as possible so that my passengers wouldn’t fly off…I should emphasize tried.

Me behind the wheel

We hit breakfast, and we landed upon the “gringo” breakfast spot. It was definitely filled with them—smoking ones at that. We did get the watermelon juice we were looking for sine we saw it on Joe’s menu (but they were always out) and it was good! When it was over, we picked up some items for lunch snacks and cocktails so that we can have a little sea side party since the sun was coming out. Then we headed back to the villa, stopping at Robin’s to let him know in advance that we wanted some fish for dinner. But he was on the grill, everything looked so good, and we ended up driving away with some grilled chicken in and. YES, we just had breakfast…AND?

We’re back at the villa and it’s time to sit by the sea, have some personal reflection time and some girl talk.

spike coconut
This was one of my favorite days because it was the day I began making my list of true goals for 2012 and beyond. And it was an amazing experience being surrounded by similar people who are about movement and progression—definitely eye-opening and inspiring.

After this we went back downtown to grab some more groceries. We picked up some fresh coconuts as well to get some fresh coconut water. We then went to Robin and hung out while he finished the stew fish for us. We had a long talk with his very social and personable son who wants to be a fireman so that he can change how slow their response time is on the island. He didn’t run out of things to talk about or questions to ask. This reminds me, I have to find his uncle in Poughkeepsie, NY and tell him John Jr. says hi.

We headed back, enjoyed our dinner, and I had to spike my coconut to get some nice flavor into it (I’m not a straight-up coconut water fan). We had plans to go out and party it up…but sleep won for the night.

Yum!