My Bucket List!!!
Milford Sound Travel Blog› entry 1 of 28 › view all entries
Assuming the Mayans were wrong about the end of days, I look forward to knocking off a few of the destinations l have listed on my Bucket List. Having a baby now of course poses a whole new challenge and adventure in my future. But let us see how I rise to the occassion. I'm itching to travel to far away places after almost a year of inactivity due to a tough pregnancy with my soon to be delivered son. He is scheduled to be delivered by C-Section delivery on February 01, 2012.
I have spent many hours admiring my fellow travbuddies who have been to the very destinations I so long to visit. I have admired photos and read a great many travel blogs and reviews in the last 8 months. If any of you has the destiinations below on your list of places to visit, I should love to have a group tour or join in sometimes after July 2012.
I was also going through the list of the 1,000 travel destinations to see before one dies, compiled by the Travel Channel. It is quite a list and one that is worth looking at, if for nothing else, to get some inspiration. I have been around, but I found there are so many places that I want to visit/ see on that list. I began traveling more with my family in 2010. I look forward to doing more family oriented travel as soon as Alexander can make it more than an hour on the road. Of course family travel becomes more challenging due to the expense involved and the safety of the children involved. The US gov't has also imposed some restrictions on single parents traveling with children etc.
My Bucket List includes the following destinations I would like to visit before the end of days.
1. Machu Picchu (Hike the Inca Trail)
2. Minsk, Belarus
3. Israel (The wailing wall)
4. The Mayan Ruins in Chichen Itza
5. A weekend in Martha's Vineyard
6. Yellow Stone National Park (Heritage site)
7. Yosemite National Park (Heritage site)
8. Milford Sound, New Zealand
9. Banff National Park, Canada
10. Mount Zion National Park, Utah
11. Transiberrean Rail tour
12. Alaskan Cruise (I had to cancel this last year due to cahnges in my family)
13. The Great Barrier Reef
14. The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
15. Israel (the land of the Bible)
16. Sample the world's most Bizzare Foods
18. Iguazu Falls
19. Return to the Maldives
20. Take my son Alexander to the land of Alexander the Great.
21. The Lake of Heaven (China/Tibet)
23. The vineyards of Argentina.
PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
"Travel is an exciting and adventurous passion, it is quite expensive but the reward outweighs the expense. If you can afford it, do it!" Africancrab.