'Take Me Back to Dear Old Blighty.'

London Travel Blog

I was up bright and early and went outside to wait for my lift  For only the second time on my trip, the sky was grey and it was a wee bit rainy. Nothing to really complain about.The lift showed up, and we proceeded to sit in uncomfortable silence for the 20 or so minutes it took to get to the airport. Once there. I checked in and sat around until my flight. Easy Jet. 14.95$ US for a flight from Amsterdam to London. And it was as 'feature rich' as any flight I have ever taken of equal length.

I landed at another airport in London this time (Gatwick), and had to take a train into the city (ironically enough, the train cost almost as much as the flight did.) Although there were only about forty people in line, it took a lot longer to get through the border this time, as there was only one agent on duty, he was distrustful and seemed to have a hangover into the mix as well. Eventually though, he stared at me long enough to believe that I wasn't smuggling anything back from Amsterdam and I was able to buy my ticket and catch the train with seconds to spare.

I went back and stayed that the Piccadilly Backpackers again. It was a nice little touch, book-ending the tour with a familiar place. I took the afternoon relatively easy spending most of it retracing my steps from a few of my day trips to get pictures of things that I hadn't before. I didn't do anything 'new' and spent the evening repacking my bags and finding a new book for the return flight.

London