the last beach of the trip

Puerto Escondido Travel Blog

I grabbed the night bus going  from some mexican border town and about 8 hours later, i woke up as we arrived to Puerto Escondido.  Puerto Escondido is a quiet pacific beach down with pretty good beaches which are frequented by surfers because of the gigantic waves.  I made my way to my hostel.. a place called the Mayflower Hotel and picked out a bed in a dorm room.  my roommates were a group of Austrian friends that had just arrived from the yucatan after being evacuted from the area because of Dean.  they realized i was by myself and quickly invited me to go to the beach with them.  over my next few days in Puerto Escondido, i hung out with them quite a bit and never had to feel lonely.

Not much to say about my time in Puerto Escondido other than i spent a lot of time at the beach and i ate loads of mexican food.  on my last night i caught a movie at the smallest movie theater i have ever seen.  there was one movie playing and only 14 people could fit in the small but air-conditioned screening room.

the next day, before heading to the bus station, i had a sort of farewell dinner with the friends i had made from the hostel.  then i hopped on the bus going to my last destination in latin america.. Mexico City.

8,663 km (5,383 miles) traveled