Quito is great.. but mind the shawarma

Quito Travel Blog

WE arrived to Quito late wed night and checked into out hostel, el Loro Verde.  Its a nice and clean place with spacious rooms and private bathrooms.  THe best thing is the location.. we are right in the middle of the Mariscal party seen in new town.  The area is full of cafes, hostels, bars, and nightclubs.

After getting some rest, Trey and I woke up and headed into old town which is the more hostiric part of Quito.  Old town rivals the beauty of Buenos Aires, with its colonial buildings and amazing plazas.  We sat around and people watched for a good time and then hopped on a trolley to head back to ouyr hostel.  Friday night, we hit up the Mariscal night life.  After leaving a club,  I decided to buy a shawarma from a street vender... this would prove to be a big mistake!

I woke up the next morning and knew right away that i had eaten an evil shawarma.  I spent the next 24 hours curled up in a ball on my bed only getting up to vomit every 30 minutes.  I ran to a farmacia and talked to a doctor later that day. The doctor told me that  was likely that i had salmonella poisoning.  Good times.  He gave me some pills and after about a day of suffering a started to feel better.

Trey and I are heading for Cali, Colombia tomorrow morning.  WE arranged for a guide that works for the Panamericana bus company to take us accross the border.
sarahkoca says:
What exactly is a shawarma? Sarah
Posted on: Jul 26, 2007
yogasensation says:
hey tristan! thanks for the call from columbia...definitely has some cool factor! spoke with amanda...she really likes oregon...so does andrew...grandma said your blogs are straight to the point, and tres' are like reading a novel! keep the blogs going...family is enjoying your trip too! gotta go...picking up futon sofa bed from ikea...the office space is being redone! so you can sleep there or in the living room...see ya! jenni
Posted on: Jul 25, 2007
yogasensation says:
Yeah...pretty funny! once you get some time and distance from them! Skydiving seems a lot safer! Keep on posting! Jenni
Posted on: Jul 24, 2007