Arrive at KL budget terminal

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Sitting around crying babies, I managed to get around 3hrs sleep. Being a budget airline, food & blanket and seat selection cost extra. The price I booked is not cheap at all. I booked more than 3 month ago, cost me around $1450 for the return fare. Last time I flied with Malaysia airline to KL around Easter cost me less than $600 for return, including nice food, entertainment and blanket. I thought it's a peak season, can't complain. Just 2 weeks after I booked my flight, I found the fare is $400 cheaper than mine, what a bad luck! Our plane finally landed at LCCT, where I've never been. Oh well, it's much better than what I imagined. Acutally I prefer there than Tullamarine airport, cos you can get free WIFI. So many airports in Asia like Singapore, KL, HK you can get free WIFI, I don't understand why the bloody money-hungry Melbourne Tullamarine airport charges you for that.

It seemed they changed some procedures for in transit passengers. Everyone need to go though custom for boarding next flight. I went to the Oldtown White Coffee shop, ordered an Assam Laksa. People there share table with strangers. The waiter put napkin and cultery on my side, but dish on the table near the other people's side, and walked away without saying anything. It took a while for me to figure out that dish was mine. The taste was just so so. Then I went to the starbucks ordered a hazelnut chocolate, browsed internet and watched outside hussle bussle street with many Taxi drivers for a while. That was relaxing. Later I went to the shop nearby, bought a bottle of water and then a book shop read a few megazines. Time just flies. I didn't feel very hard to spend those layover time. With Airasia at KL budget terminal, you don't get a transfer bus or shuttle train from the plane to the terminal, you have to follow the crowds to walk there. The guard caught me checking the time on my cellphone while walking, immediately came up to warn me "No mobile phone". I was like ok, and put my phone back to my pocket. Gee, relax, just checking time.