Relaxing

Hurghada Travel Blog

I'm on a B&B basis in the Hotel so after brakfast at one of the biggest buffets I have ever seen it's off to find a spot at the pool and catch up on some reading. Suffering with a cough and cold which is no fun on holiday I stick to the heated part of the swimming pool for my swim and while away the rest of the morning reading and relaxing and just watching the world go by.

After lunch I explore the rest of the hotel grounds and book a submarine trip for tomorrow and a day trip to Luxor and the Valley of The kings for later in the week. Before heading into town for dinner I catch an EPL football game in the bar.It would seem that every waiter in the hotel suddenly has an important job to do in the area.The table tops have never been shinier the ashtrays never cleaner. The Egyptians are as football mad as the rest of the region!

For dinner my friend Olga has chosen her favourite Sea Food Restaurant. The Starfish in the Sekala area of town. It has a strange sort of Sponge Bob Squarepants theme going on.Unitentional I'm sure! The food is excellent and plentiful and very reasonably priced. It has no alcohol licence but has lots of locals as patrons which in my experince is always the sign of a decent place to eat.

We walk into the heart of the tourist area of Sekala and browse the shops,find a bar and while away a couple of hours with a local brew or two until it's time for me to head back to the hotel.

Olga at the Starfish Restaurant