Dubai,Cairo,Hurghada.

Hurghada Travel Blog

Flight from Dubai to Hurghada via Cairo with Egyptair early this morning from T1. Haven't flown from this terminal for some time and have to say it's looking a litlle scruffy in places.Still not bad but clearly money is being spent on T3 and the new concourse at the moment. Duty Free is still good and I treat myself to a ticket for the 1$ million raffle.Fingers crossed!

On arrival in Cairo some confusion between the Egypt Air staff and and the immigration officials as to if I need to clear customs and buy my visa here in Cairo or if as I am in transit that I can get the vias in Hurghada on arrival. The decision is that as the flight arrives in Cairo at the Domestic terminal I should clear customs and immigration here in Cairo.

It means me leaving the airport and coming straight back in again through a different door but as they say TIA (This is Africa)

After the short flight down the Red Sea Coast I arrive at the Domestic terminal in Hurghada.Unfortunately my baggage has somehow arrived at the International Terminal but a very helpful official shows me and another passenger the way through security to be reunited with my bag.

Baggage sorted,a quick phone call and my friends pick me up and take me to the Hotel. First impressions of Hurghada on the ride in aren't great to be honest. Wind blown plastic bags press against the razor wire on the airort road and we pass abandoned construction sites clarly the victim of the economic turn down.

The Hotel is a welcome oasis. Built in a mock Moorish style.All rooms have a sea view are spacoius,light and airy.

Looking from the balcony over one of the largest swimming pools I have seen in a Hotel. The staff tell me the Hotel is full with mostly German,Russian and Czech guests with a few Brits thrown into the mix as well. After unpacking and having a long hot shower it's time for a snooze until meeting up with firends for dinner this evening.

We meet at The Marina, a fairly new developement and choose the Nubian Cafe for a selection of local dishes and a beer or two. Food is good and a nice view over the waterfront to watch the sunset. We head on to the Nice Bar.A trendy hangout for the younger crowd of local affluent Egyptians and expats. A nice atmosphere and modern decour make it a pleasant place to hangout for drinks and conservation.

Hurghada Hotels & Accommodations review
An Egyptian Oasis.
Impressive Red Sea Resort in Hurghada.All you could want from a Hotel of this type.Huge pool,a decent selection of restaurants and bars. Nice,spacious… read entire review
Hurghada