TEN things about my Argentina Trip 2011
Argentina Travel Blog› entry 1 of 2 › view all entries
1) Cantering a horse in a park is waaaaay better than a shopping spree.
2) The widest street is in Buenos Aires (yes, I didn’t know before).
3) I will never get bored with Bife de Chorizo and Malbec.
4) Argentine steaks are typically overcooked. “Jugoso” or “muy jugoso” will just give you medium.
5) A bottle of wine could be cheaper than a bottle of water.
6) If the collectivo stops in the middle of the road and everyone gets down, it’s not the last bus stop, it’s just a breakdown. And that’s pretty normal.
7) It is impossible to get over-the-counter cash advancement by credit card in a bank. You must do that through ATM machines. That is why it’s so important to remember your password… we didn’t :P
8) The first questions from a stranger are usually: “Are you single?” “Do you have kids?” ….. they may never ask your name tho.
9) New Taxi Scam. Aside from changing your notes to fake ones, they will tell you they charge DOUBLE on weekends and holidays. (Of course we didn’t buy that. ^0^)
10) Argentina --- Beautiful country. Friendly people. Cool gauchos. Adorable accent!!!