Just passing through

Nuremberg Travel Blog

The day broke looking much like it did when I arrived in Berlin, with sheets of water falling from the sky. I went and stood in the rain for a trolly, which took me to Alex where I stood in the rain to wait for another trolly to the Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Central Train Station.)I was at the station way too early. I have made a personal commitment to never miss a plane/train/boat/bus because I failed to get to the departure point on time. Seems great on paper, but you end up spending a lot more time at the point of departure. At least it was an interesting enough building to wander around and look at things, and the way the trains were announced was really confusing to me so that kept me guessing. Made time pass quicker.

The trip took about 6 hours and we slid into Munich at around 4 in the afternoon. I got off the train and made my way to the hotel, which was a couple of short blocks away, maybe a 5 minute walk. After dropping off my bags, I got out and did a quick walk around in a 2 mile circle to see what was up in my immedite vacinity. I considered stopping at a beer hall, but figured I would wait until I could get into a crowd, and when I smelled a little bit less like I'd been on a train for 6 hours.Instead, I grabbed a schweine schnitzel semmel (pork cutlet sandwich) from a vendor in the train station on my way back to the hotel, then spent the rest of the evening catching up on email and fiddling with the Facebooks.

Nuremberg