Nerd day at the Neues Museum

Berlin Travel Blog

I woke up and boy did I feel a lot better. I'd slept the cold right out, or at least a reasonable facsimilie thereof. The weather was still cold and raining, so I pledged to hit the museum. I packed my day bag, grabbed soem random cheese and cold cuts and a little roll from the breakfast buffet and hit the road.

I arrived at the museum comparatively early. and the line was only about 20 minutes long and that was spent continiously shuffling into the museum... the museum was actually empty and the line at this point was for the coat check (where I would have to leave my bag) and the audio guide pick up.

More about the museum below in my review.

After that, I walked around to the  Pergamon Museum, where I spent another couple of hours (Review is also below).

By that time it was starting to get late to do daytime things, but too early to do night time things, so I headed back to the hiotel for a little relaxation and drying out, I still wasn't feeling too hot, so I went to a restarant that was fairly close for a later dinner. I chose a place called Escados, specializes in parrilla grilling, which I know next to nothing about. Except I like meat and grills, so it sounded like a winning combination. It was very busy, but mostly with groups of 3 or more, so the singles and couples were moved out of line pretty quickly. I don't remember what I ate, so I can't write a review. Although the lack of memoriability itself may represent a review.  I'll let the reader decide.

After the meal, I was tuckered, so I just headed back to the hotel to call it a day.

Berlin Sights & Attractions review
A building full of buildings
First planned in the earliest days of the 20th century, this museum took a leisurely 30 year path through design and construction. Opened in the 1930s… read entire review
Berlin Sights & Attractions review
Beautiful collection of history
Originally built between 1843 and 1855, this museum operated until the outbreak of World War II. Most of the smaller artifacts were moved for safe kee… read entire review
Berlin