Down for the count

Amsterdam Travel Blog

The train pulled into the station at around 7AM and I was the last one to struggle off. I worked my way down the stairs and slowly through the busy ruch hour station. Once outside, I weaved my way through the traffic until I got to a coffee shop. No, not that kind of coffee shop. University was a long time ago, and it was 8 in the morning. I had a coupel of couples of coffee and ordered a few small bits of food while using their wifi, waiting for check in time at the hotel.

FInally, it was 11:30 and I coudl make my way to the hotel. The walk really sucked, as my back was in full bore hate pain at the way I was treating it. I needed something for my muscles and time to le down. While in the cafe I had found a pharmacy, and I shuffled in and asked if they happened to speak English, which of course they did. I got some ibuprofin in big honking pill form and checked into my hotel.

I was disappointed with the hotel, but there was nothoing that could be done about it at this point. I popped one of the pills, chugged a bunch of water and then lay down and tried to wish the pain away.

And somewhere around 36 hours later, I was able to get uup and walk again. Slow and clunky, but at least well enough to go and get something to eat.

After I ate, Iwander around a bit and tried to see something. It was a bit too late, but I walked up around a wee bit and got my bears for the next day. I retired early so that I could get an early move on the next day.

Amsterdam Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
An unusual and pleasent change
I knew what to expect from the pancakes, but no idea what to expect of the restaurant. I felt a bit like I'd walked into a studio apartment with a… read entire review
Amsterdam Hotels & Accommodations review
Not the best room I've ever stayed in
The stairs were very steep in this building, as they are in all the hotels on this little strip. This is not a place for the elderly or those with red… read entire review
photo by: pearcetoyou