New Year's Eve - Hurry UP!

Manchester Travel Blog

Side of a Skateboard shop

These are a few photos I took on New Year's Eve, whilst waiting to go to Scotland.  My Ever-Beloved had been working right up to the line again, and had then decided that it was vitally important he ironed everything he owned before we drove to Scotland, so I wandered around taking pictures of some of my favourite pieces of graffiti and street art.

I also had time to think about New Year's Resolutions.  I never used to bother, but some of you might remember I made some on the front page of my blog last year, and I've kept three (take mum to Paris, learn to ski badly, um... get some exercise) and am well underway with the last (get married without having nervous breakdown). So, this year, right up front here:

- get married without having a nervous breakdown - in the best tradition of annual work reviews, this is a standing objective.

- get through honeymoon without a divorce.  The honeymoon is looking like an adventure - caving, rafting, mountain climbing and, importantly, 11 separate flights.  Flights make me grumpy, hence the concern

- get ten minutes off my 10K time, and do a half marathon.  Well, santa did bring me nice new purple running shoes!

So, there we go.  I was going to put something in about career planning, but in the current economy it's pretty much a case of hoping like hell there's a job at all at the end of the next 12 months.  Fingers crossed.

monky says:
Congrats on the feature Sarah!:)
Posted on: Jun 05, 2012
austin37335 says:
Hi Sarah, great blog, congratulations on having it featured today!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2012
Manchester street art
Manchester street art
Manchester Sights & Attractions review
Fletcher Moss
Fletcher Moss is a pretty park and botanic garden in Didsbury, a very nice suburb of Manchester (although not *every* doctor and solicitor in Manchest… read entire review
Manchester