Burbank Travel Blog

HEE HEE my friend and i went to Kwik e mart today thinking it would be not busy because the movie opened today. nope we were wrong. the line was out the door around the side of the building. it was 2pm. most of the people in line saw the midnight show. we had a good time taking pics and buying buzz cola, pink donuts and radio active man comics. unfortunately, they ran out of kusty-o's cereal. eeeeek i wonder how much ebay is selling it. the burbank location was 10mins. from my mum's house. it will be around til july 31 2007 then it's back to 7-11.

The 7-11 at the intersection of Olive and Verdugo in Burbank has temporarily been converted into a Kwik-E-Mart. It was re-done late Saturday night and will remain a Kwik-E-Mart for the next month to promote the upcoming Simpsons movie.

Eleven 7-11s in the United States and two in Canada have been converted into Kwik-E-Marts as part of the promotion. DCist has their very own Kwik-E-Mart in Bladensburg, MD.

Golam, Burbank's friendly counterman, was having a lot of fun shouting, "Welcome to Kwik-E-Mart!" as each customer walked in. The other employees were rushing to re-stock cartoonishly pink donuts while the 7-11 rep made frantic calls on his cell phone demanding more Buzz cola, "Send me everything you've got! It's ALL gone. Everything."

Other promo materials are Krusty-Os, Kwik-E-Mart styrofoam ice chests, Radioactive Man comic books, and Squishee cups (No Duff beer, unfortunately).

Watch for specially marked merchandise to enter a contest to appear in a Simpsons episode.

7-11 has hired security to handle the anticipated crowds, and the news vans were already pulling up as I was leaving at 4am. I have a feeling that perky, "Welcome to Kwik-E-Mart!" is going to sound pretty exhausted by the end of the day.
festerwretch says:
Ahh, I used to drive by this 7-Eleven frequently! :D

I actually felt pretty bad that I missed the whole Kwik-E-Mart thing. There were obviously ones done in & around Chicago, I just never got a chance to visit one. When I finally did, it must've been a day or two after they ended the promotion.. grrr
Posted on: Feb 07, 2008