The chap's a bit dodgey

Loch Ness Travel Blog

Urquhart castle.

Final day, and with it came a return of our first tour guide.  Only because we were tired and ready to be home could we bear it.  Tours are so exhausting.

Highlights:

- Urquhart Castle .  It costs to get in and walk closer to the castle so we just stood behind the wall and took pictures of it.  It's mostly ruins and after the Elean Donan Castle, it wasn't nearly as impressive.

- Culloden Battlefield.  Actually, it was cold and rainy when they made us triapse through the mud to tell us the story of the battle.  So it wasn't really a highlight at all.  But I have pictures.

- Balnuaran of Clava burial grounds.  It was kind of an eerie place.  The rock formations were pretty cool, but I don't know that I'd go out of my way to see them.

Tours aren't typically my thing.  It was mostly a bonding experience for the group of us here.  I admit that I saw things I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise, but the "get off here and get on again" thing isn't my style.  The scenery was undoubtedly beautiful, the food relatively good, and the souvenirs abudant.  Whether or not someone does a tour, I definitely recommend making a trip to the Scottish Highlands when possible.

Urquhart castle.
A shot of Lochness.  No Nessie of …
A shot of Lochness. No Nessie of…
Culloden Battlefield.