Castro Travel Blog› entry 26 of 72 › view all entries
A bit of a chill out day (in more than one way) around Castro. The weather has stayed. The odd patch of sun is peeking through though, which has given us enough hope for a bit of a drive and wander around. Glad we did too. The colour of the houses around town and more particularly on the water, is incredible. Some of them defy logic in how they manage to stand up but it is a nice change from all the “normal” places we have seen so far.
Another spot worth a visit just because it is so different.
General observation – the people in
Summary of the local beers tasted so far (I have ignored Stella and Heineken etc as we are not bothering with them):
· Isenbeck – a bit sweeter, not bad, but not really my taste
· Iguana – still to try when we get back to
· Cristal – similar to
· Kunstman – 2 varieties, a pale ale, which is not really my taste, but drinkable, and a lager which is pretty decent.
· Colonos – ok but a bit bitter.
· Escudo – stronger (5.5%) and darker but drinkable.
· Schop – draft beer which is pretty good.
Most of the beers seem to be around 4.5-4.7% alcohol, so pretty easy drinking.