Chilling in the baths

Puyehue Travel Blog

A super-relaxing day, which was the point, was had by all. We started with breakfast (with the other 10 guests at the hotel) and then went to the spa to see what was on offer. We decided on a mud bath with added seaweed (for moisturising, dahling) as the starting point. Quite a laugh getting into a bath of mud. The nice squishy feeling between the toes reminds me of swimming in farm dams as a kid. Then back into the hot pools. We were the only people in the pools. Inside they had the temperatures set at a scalding 45 and 38 degrees. We popped into the outside pools too as it was only raining lightly. The main Olympic pool was about 33 degrees and the small pool must have been about 50 degrees. Could only stay in for about 2 minutes before getting too hot. Luckily we then went back to the indoor pools as the skies just opened up and produced some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen for about 5 minutes. We were actually watching it through the window �" not often that people from London (or Cape Town for that matter) are amazed by rain. For lunch we discovered the a la carte restaurant and were there with one other couple. Had an excellent meal �" Kat had a salmon ravioli and I had gnocchi with a carbonara sauce which was the best meal we had eaten in Chile yet. And this for under £15 including beers for the 2 of us. I then managed to drag myself away for a 1 hour massage before we again returned to the pool. A super relaxing day.
photo by: bramwan